Marketing Communications Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Riipen is looking for a Marketing Communications Manager to join our team. If you are a communications expert seeking an opportunity to build and grow world-class marketing programs for a social-impact driven organization, we want to hear from you!
Note: we are currently 100% remote so you can be based anywhere in Canada.
Riipen is a mission-driven company and we look for team members who are passionate about what we’re working toward. Our company isn’t just about education, it’s built around education. We want you to enjoy what you do and who you do it with, and to grow and learn right alongside the business itself. We champion curiosity, creativity, and collaboration; and we continuously strive to create an inclusive and supportive environment where all of our team members feel they can bring their whole selves to work.
About the Job
As a Marketing Communications Manager, you will be reporting to the VP of Marketing and managing a small but mighty team of content marketers and communication specialists.
You will be responsible for bringing under the same strategic roof all brand, content, social, PR, and events/sponsorship initiatives while developing and executing multi-platform integrated communications in line with company direction.
The ideal candidate must be able to work equally well at the strategic and tactical levels. You consider yourself an inclusive teammate who communicates well across different groups and levels of seniority and can easily adapt to change in a dynamic business environment. You are an experienced marketer with a solid understanding of channel usage and narrative design and can push through complexities to build marketing communications that align with business objectives.
- Develop and implement integrated marketing communication strategies and plans including speaking engagements, events, public relations, social media, and brand initiatives.
- Manage and evaluate incoming speaking requests and award submissions to build appropriate content, format, and deliverables in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Manage the speaking events calendar and develop/own the operational rhythm of business for speaking engagements, as well as the work-back process in partnership with business stakeholders.
- Lead the planning and implementation of PR initiatives related to the brand. Manage thought leadership roadmaps and write presentations, speeches, blogs, LinkedIn posts and articles, press quotes, social media content, video scripts, and other digital content in line with brand direction.
- Identify the most effective communication channels to reach relevant target groups (Educators, Students, and SMBs) and seed these channels with the appropriate messaging. Strategize and implement campaigns leveraging both traditional (collateral, print advertising, direct mail, etc.) and digital (social media, digital advertising, website, email, etc.) marketing tactics.
- Provide operational and logistical support for digital and onsite events.
- Create and manage the MarCom budgets in close collaboration with the product marketing team and VP of Marketing. Measure the outcomes of marketing communications initiatives to evaluate impact, learn and improve.
- As the external communications subject matter expert, collaborate closely with the People & Culture team to synchronize external and internal comms.
- Create a high-performance marketing communications team environment that inspires pride, retains and motivates top talent, and attracts new talent.
Skills, knowledge & expertise
- 5+ years of marketing communications experience with solid domain expertise and a proven track record of results.
- A passion for education and technology, and the ability to translate complex ideas into a simple, clear and compelling narrative.
- Exceptional written communications skills. Proven brand, thought leadership, and PR content development experience. Written samples of work will be requested during the interview process.
- A natural ability to work in a fast-paced team environment; a capacity for multi-tasking and managing multiple high-stakes deliverables simultaneously, and resilience under pressure.
- A knack for collaboration - a team player with a strong record of building partnerships and the ability to influence for impact.
- Managerial experience - adept at hiring, coaching, and mentoring MarCom team members.
- Curiosity, self-awareness, and a desire to learn and adapt as Riipen and the experiential learning landscape continuously evolve.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Experience in edtech and/or digital marketplaces highly desirable.
- Alternatively, advertising/PR agency experience is also a big bonus.
- Experience and success working with remote teams.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to eliminate graduate under-employment