Content Marketing Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are
Have you ever stopped to wonder how your computer, clothes, furniture or household goods made their way to your doorstep? Most of the things in your home would have arrived here in a container on a container ship. It is a massive industry that we all rely on but don’t think about much because it’s been done the same way for decades without much change or innovation.
NYSHEX is a well-funded Series A start-up, developing a brand-new concept that will transform and enable an industry plagued with inefficiency, volatility, and $23b of economic waste annually. The NYSHEX team is passionate about collaborating with the world’s leading ocean carriers, shippers and forwarders to bring technology and innovation to this industry we love, and we hope that you’ll be part of building this new digital foundation that will have lasting effects for years to come.
The Content Marketing Specialist will be the second person on the marketing team and will act in a role that’s similar to an editorial manager at a media company. This person will handle editing all video, audio and written content for the NYSHEX Blog, the publication and planning of upcoming content, and works in collaboration with the Marketing Manager to map out the editorial calendar in advance. The Content Marketing Specialist will also work with a growing team of freelance writers, partners and internal experts to collaborate on new topic ideas, article assignments, editing, optimizing, publishing and promoting. You will wear many marketing hats and be part of bringing the vision of a NYSHEX media arm to life.
The team here works hard and is comfortable making mistakes, with the understanding that when things go right, it can transform an institutionalized industry. Come join us!
What you will do
- Work with the Marketing Manager to further establish our editorial direction––including the keywords we should target, the topics we should cover, the content formats we should produce, etc.
- Manage all content from draft right up until publication, including writing headlines for blog posts, meta descriptions for SEO, choosing the featured image, etc.
- Draft promotional copy for all new content for social media channels.
- Work with a small team of freelance writers and video editors to assign new topics and brainstorm new topics that align with our editorial direction.
- Manage all of visual and audio content such as our podcast shows and courses on the NYSHEX academy
Who you are/What you have done
- 1-3 year of content marketing experience. You are passionate about content marketing and want to pursue a career in content marketing.
- You’re an exceptional editor and proof-reader. You enjoy taking written work from draft form to publication. You love reading, too. In short, you’re probably the person everyone goes to for your opinion before they publish.
- You’re a strong writer. Blog posts, emails, social media promotions––whatever it is you’re skilled in coming up with the right words to promote a message.
- You enjoy tying the work that you do to results. From an editorial standpoint, this would mean measuring the overall impact of the NYSHEX Blog and website content.
What you can look forward to
This position is a unique role where you will be managing multiple stakeholders to create a multi-media content experience for our audience. You will be managing multiple podcast shows, creating online courses, and repurposing that content for social media and written content. Your work will have a big impact on building the NYSHEX brand.
Our culture promotes a dynamic, exciting, and challenging work environment with opportunities for learning and growth. Our team is passionate about building great tech and besides being great at their jobs, are also classical musicians, surfers, gamers, athletes, and foodies.
We provide a competitive compensation package, 401k plan, unlimited vacation days and an opportunity for you to share in the success of the company with stock options/equity.
**Please submit at least one writing sample from a content piece you've written that you're particularly proud of.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, ethnicity, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.