Head of Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Application security is shifting left, with software engineering teams taking ownership over the security of their applications. StackHawk is helping lead this charge with our application security testing software, built for automation in CI/CD.
We are hiring a Head of Marketing to lead the marketing function within the company. You’ll be stepping into a product-led growth organization with a strong inbound model, helping drive additional growth by leading the marketing org.
As a Series A startup that is ready to invest in accelerating growth, you’ll be joining at the ground floor. You’ll need to be able to roll up your sleeves and do the work, while also building strategically for the future. You’ll work on product marketing foundations, developer relations, SEO and thought leadership content, event sponsorships, partner marketing, analyst relations, and so much more. This is a rare opportunity to take the marketing reigns and grow a function at a fast growing company. If this sounds like the right role for you, we’d love to chat!
What You’ll Do
- Product Marketing. You’ll build upon existing product marketing foundations to ensure that all marketing activities and output are aligned with core positioning and messaging. You’ll also work on feature launch GTM, competitive positioning, sales enablement, and more.
- DevRel and Community. You’ll lead the DevRel and community functions, helping shape the way we interface with the developer and open source community. As a developer marketing org, you’ll build the right team to engage with the community and help drive core messaging to the market.
- Inbound Digital Acquisition. As a PLG org, marketing plays a critical role in driving sales pipeline and revenue. Through investments in content, advertising, social, and more, you will drive quarter over quarter growth in qualified account signups, pipeline, and revenue (which will include aligning with sales).
- Event Marketing. Through virtual and (someday soon!) in-person events, you’ll create the strategy and programs to further the StackHawk brand and drive new pipeline. This includes not only event sponsorships, but also hosting of our own events / webinars / etc.
- Partner Marketing. Between integration partners and complementary products, there is significant opportunity to show up alongside other companies in the market and drive mutually beneficial awareness and growth. You’ll lead the partner marketing initiatives and activities.
- 2+ years in developer / DevOps marketing
- 2+ years experience with product led growth or inbound marketing driven organizations
- 7+ years marketing experience (B2B SaaS preferred)
- Demonstrated team leadership skills
- Experience scaling the marketing function in line with company growth, preferably at an early stage (Series A or B) startup
- Clear understanding of and skills in both product marketing and performance marketing
- Track record of driving quarter over quarter growth of signups and pipeline
- Ability to live in both analytical and creative realms. While you may lean one way or the other, you’re able to contribute on both sides.
- Comfort and experience with reporting to leadership team (and potentially the board of directors)
- Competitive Compensation: Earn a competitive salary and get an equity stake in the company that we are building together.
- Solid Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for employees and dependents. Other benefits include life insurance, AD&D, and 401K.
- Time to Recharge Encouraged: Take what you need vacation plus ten paid holidays! Unplug, recharge, and come back refreshed.
- Fun Team and Perks: We do great work and have fun doing it! Get a great at home equipment setup, a fun team to collaborate with, and other great perks.
- Place Where Your Work Matters and You Grow: As a seed stage company, your work shapes the product that we are building. Nothing beats arriving at work every day knowing that your work deeply matters, and there is no better opportunity to grow in your career.
StackHawk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping developer find and fix application security bugs before they hit production.