VP of Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Shorthand is a fast-growing company that provides a digital publishing platform to many of the world’s best known publishers, brands, not-for-profits, and universities. With customers on every continent (except Antarctica!), there’s never been a more exciting time to join Shorthand. We're a growing band of geeks with art and heart, and a high bar for quality.
This is an opportunity for a B2B SaaS marketing leader with deep experience in the U.S. to help to grow our business even faster and to take their career to the next level.
We tend to do things a little differently at Shorthand. For one thing, we’re a growing team distributed around the world. For this role we’re looking for someone who is based in the U.S., or who has recent experience in the U.S. and is currently based in Australia or the U.K.
This role will own Marketing at Shorthand and work closely with our Product, Growth, Sales and Success functions.
- Take responsibility for the annual marketing plan and strategy
- Build, manage and coach a high-performing marketing team
- Own the lead generation KPI (grow sales accepted leads by 9% month-over-month)
- Refine positioning, go-to-market strategy and market segmentation in collaboration with the exec team
- Identify and plan differentiated and impactful marketing strategies, materials and campaigns
- Manage marketing budget and expenditures
- Track and report ROI across marketing activities
- Establish appropriate marketing automation systems and other tools
- Direct and support collection, analysis and interpretation of market data for short- and long-term market forecasts and reports
- Work closely with the sales and product growth departments to align strategies
- Maintain brand standards and ensure compliance across all marketing and communications channels
- Identify competitors and evaluate their strategies and positioning, and devise counter-strategies
- 5+ years in B2B SaaS marketing leadership roles
- Understands B2B SaaS marketing inside out, including recent trends in product-led growth and go-to-market strategies
- Has previously owned and delivered on a lead/opportunity KPI
- Experience growing from $5M-$10M ARR to $50M ARR (and, ideally, beyond)
- Demonstrated ability to increase qualified lead volume
- Experience in market analysis, segmentation and strategy
- Experience with implementing marketing automation systems (e.g., Marketo, Autopilot, Hubspot, etc)
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience collaborating with diverse, geographically-dispersed teams (preferred)
- Is whip smart, as demonstrated by career achievements and/or school/university results
- Is creative when it comes to discovering and exploiting unique insights about the market or distribution that lead to significant growth
- Has an extremely high bar for quality while striving for rapid experimentation
- Is thorough, detail-oriented and data-led
- Is a fast learner
- Has great communication skills, particularly with respect to writing
- Gains deep satisfaction from helping others reach their goals
- You are a proactive self-starter, who does not need to be told what to do and will be resourceful in order to find solutions to any challenge
- You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, and possess a high level of intellectual curiosity
- You are collaborative
- You are intrinsically motivated, deriving happiness from a job well done
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Create stunning, immersive reading experiences in record time. No code required.