MARKETING DATA ANALYST
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hi! It’s Natasha here, Marketing Manager at MetaCompliance and I am excited to be looking for a very unique person to come on board as our Marketing Data Analyst.
MetaCompliance helps organisations keep their staff safe online, protect their critical information assets and avoid reputational damage. We are really passionate about helping employees engage with cyber security training and avoid the damaging effects of a data breach.
We are looking for a curious, driven, get sh*t done, Data Analyst to join our mission to be the European powerhouse in the cyber security market space. Working directly with the CMO, you will be at the front line of our go-to-market team.
The people at MetaCompliance are invested in developing the most innovative and engaging cyber security education solution on the market. We need a seasoned professional that can provide data expertise to support our explosive growth, manage performance tracking and, formulate actionable recommendations to enable faster decision-making.
This is the job of a lifetime for someone aching to join a vibrant team of like-minded, can do executives. We value this role so highly that we will make you a fellow stakeholder with an enviable equity allocation.
The job in two bullet points:
- Passionate about optimising digital marketing spend
- Dedicated to extracting the truth from a myriad of different data sources
What makes a great Data Analyst?
No one is perfect, but from our experience, the types of people who make a great Data Analyst often have these traits:
- Practical understanding of marketing and funnel metrics, and efficient in pulling these data sets together for strategic analysis.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to generate insightful outcomes.
- Confident presentation skills, including the ability to tell a story with data and digest the findings into actionable recommendations.
- Ability to think strategically and interpret campaign results.
- Proactively reviews data trends, identifies underlying insights and brings forth early strategic discussions for commercial and marketing growth opportunities.
- Ability to collect, organise and analyse significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Passionate about MetaCompliance’s mission to help organisations keep their staff safe online, secure their digital assets, and protect their reputation and brand.
What are we looking for?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- Someone who can jump right in, think on their feet, be resourceful, and seeks solutions – regardless of barriers. We are a leader in our market category and we require relentlessness.
- Shows a desire to make decisions, takes ownership, and makes judgment calls.
- They can see beyond what’s in front of them and see the whole picture, take that picture, and break it down into its individual moving parts.
- Has the right balance of creative and analytical skills – they like numbers, data, and working out how to get from A to B but are also inquisitive by nature and conscientious in temperament.
- Can ensure data collection is robust and reliable in order to build dashboards that accurately track marketing performance. Remember the scene in Rain Man where Dustin Hoffman's character instantly counts exactly how many toothpicks a waitress drops? We’re seeking a real-life Rain Man...or someone quite similar.
We’re probably not looking for…
- Individuals that seek constant direction or are still finding their feet in this field. We require expertise.
- Consultants that can only touch the tip of the iceberg. We need someone that can dig deep to get to know our processes and data inside out.
- A generalist marketing person who dabbles in PPC analytics.
- Someone that is easily distracted or has a habit of not finishing what they started. Oh, look! A bright, shiny object!
- A PPC manager that reports only on sexy, vanity metrics that look good but are meaningless.
- An accountant or finance manager who is bored of their 9-5 job.
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience in an analytical marketing role
- Advanced skills using SalesForce or similar marketing automation systems
- A STEM background
- Previously 'survived' a scale-up environment
- Sound understanding of online advertising
Sounds exciting? Now, let’s try to put you off!
This is an exciting role within a high-growth, global business that is dominating the Security Awareness Training market. But, it won't be for everyone.
- We move fast - done is better than perfect and we strive for progress, not perfection
- Not everyone will understand what you "do" or "get it", but your contributions will always be recognised and rewarded
- Day to day tasks will be varied and your priorities could drastically change by lunchtime
- Although you will be part of the marketing team, you will largely work independently and will be seen as the expert for any data related marketing projects
- We're directly competing against the biggest player in the Security Awareness Training market. We work harder than our competitors are willing to work. Think David vs Goliath
- Our culture is pinned on Extreme Ownership – a book that details how Navy SEALs lead and win. Yes, you will be expected to read it. No, we're not kidding
- We don’t require someone easily offended as we need to explore innovative and edgy marketing programs
Your application has been successfully submitted.