PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hi, it’s Robbie here, CEO and founder at MetaCompliance and I am excited to be looking for a very unique person to lead our product marketing.
MetaCompliance helps organisations keep their staff safe online, protect their critical information assets and avoid reputational damage. We are really passionate about helping employees engage with cyber security training to make sure they avoid the damaging effects of a data breach.
We are looking for a talented, ambitious, creative product marketing professional to help deliver our mission of being a European powerhouse in the cyber security market space. Working directly to the CMO - that’s me in the short term, you will be at the front line of our go-to market team.
The people at MetaCompliance are invested in developing the most innovative and engaging cyber security education solution on the market. We need a seasoned product professional that knows how to translate our intentions, approaches, and functionality into a language that resonates with our internal teams, our customers, and potential buyers.
This is the job of a lifetime for someone aching to join a vibrant team of like-minded, can do executives. We value this role so highly that we will make you a fellow stakeholder with an enviable equity allocation.
The job in two bullets:
- Communicating the value of the product through every medium possible. Translate the real value of our Cyber Security Training products into stories that resonate with our internal and external audiences.
- Drive the go-to-market strategy for MetaCompliance products for external and internal audiences. Evolve our existing processes and communications to create greater impact for our world leading solution.
Personal attributes that we want the person to have:
- Passionate about the value of the product to our customers
- Willing to serve as the internal champion of new products, driving the most relevant product solutions with the most relevant product stories
- Great communicator and able to communicate this value with ease and confidence
- Ability to put thoughts and values into compelling copywriting
- Technical enough to understand the functional value of our offering vs the competitors
- Organised in their work and the ability to co ordinate others in cross-departmental teams
- Innovate to be able to recognize market feedback and communicate to the product teams
- Looking to make a difference in an organsiation that appreciates unorthodox approaches to marketing
- Collaborate with marketing on product launches, collateral review, demand generation programs, PR campaigns, promotional materials, competitive positioning, and sales materials
What does this Product marketing Manager look like:
What they don’t do:
- Copy and paste other people’s views of the market and the product into a generalist representation of our products
- Wait around for someone to provide detailed instruction on how to get the key messages out to the market
- Be limited by the norms and approaches taken by our competitors and the cyber security market in general
- Work in a marketing bubble without interaction with the rest of the organisation
What they will do:
- Be an evangelist for our mission and the value drivers that help our customers
- Continually innovate our product messaging to reflect new functionality and value to customers
- Inspire internal and external audiences with well-written content to generate product excitement
- Design and implement new and existing processes to extend our ability to reach our target audiences and resonate with them.
Sounds exciting? Let’s try and put you off!
Working at MetaCompliance is not everyone’s cup of tea. We believe that to create a product with personality and impact you have to strive harder and push boundaries. That means we are looking for our people to do the same. No vanilla here!
As an ambitious PE fund-backed technology leader we are scaling our organisation at pace whilst delivering quality solutions. That leads to meaningful challenges. Our teams accept these challenges as apart of the journey and thrive on the energy.
On top of that:
- This is definitely not just a copywriting job
- You have to be product evangelist for our organisation
- You have to ignore all the different voices, internally and externally, and distill the product messaging so that it matters to the target audiences. It means not everybody will agree with you.
- A bias for action is favoured within the marketing team so perfection is impossible
- We're directly competing against the biggest player in the Security Awareness Training market. We work harder than our competitors are willing to work. Think David vs Goliath
- Our culture is pinned on Extreme Ownership – a book that details how Navy SEALs lead and win. Yes, you will be expected to read it. No, we're not kidding!
- We don’t require someone easily offended as we need to explore an innovative and edgy marketing program
Your application has been successfully submitted.