Growth Marketer, Paid Media
This job is no longer accepting applications.
WordPress VIP is part of the Automattic family of innovative brands. Our goal is to bring the ease and agility of WordPress to the world’s largest companies. We get to work with customers like Facebook, Salesforce and Disney and help them create beautiful digital experiences. We are scaling fast and our team is helping drive some of the most exciting programs across VIP. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage marketing team where your impact will be significant. We hope you can join us at this exciting stage of company growth!
We're looking for an experienced Media Buyer to help complement our rapidly growing market recognition, and sales capacity. This is a high impact role reporting directly to our Head of Growth Marketing.
The Media Buyer is responsible for planning, execution, and management of online demand generation programs. This role partners across the marketing function to guide media buying strategy, and to execute it to meet demand generation goals and pipeline metrics.
Inquisitive and data driven, the Media Buyer reviews program performance to ensure targets are well modeled, and goals are met and exceeded, sharing insight and feedback. This role develops and tests new programs and finds opportunities and initiatives to scale in alignment with the strategic needs of the business, and global/regional markets.
- Develop, execute, and optimize digital lead generation campaigns from conception to launch, including building out media buys for various ad platforms and leading all aspects of the day-to-day execution of media planning and buying.
- Work closely with the rest of the Demand Generation team to align campaign strategies and goals across the organization.
- Implement processes to enable buy-and-test strategies that serve to improve return on ad spend (ROAS).
- Conduct in-depth keyword and website research, ad grouping and audience targeting.
- Ensure that all stakeholders understand the plan’s objectives, cadence, KPI, and actual outcomes.
- Serve as media specialist providing insights on the media marketplace, macro-trends and opportunities across media channels and formats
- Define, measure, track, and report on relevant metrics.
- Manage the overall budget for paid media, including negotiating media buys.
- Have proven experience (3-5+ years) in digital marketing and are a B2B practitioner who has led the planning, execution and optimization of global or regional campaigns.
- Have experience working with direct or indirect sales teams in relevant markets developing regional or territory business plans.
- Have deep knowledge of the B2B sales cycle and are on the constant quest to find opportunities to improve demand generation and pipeline contribution.
- Are fluent in converting these opportunities into rapid test-and-learn models upon which you iterate relentlessly.
- Understand the enterprise prospect’s perspective and what motivates their decision-making. You accomplish this utilizing a broad toolkit which includes competitor research, data analysis, customer feedback, and behavioral analysis.
- Love to experiment and tackle problems. You’re product-minded, growth-focused, and oriented to details. You’re happy to question assumptions and back your recommendations with data.
- Are excited to apply your skills and expertise to additional customer communications platforms, channels, and efforts.
- Adapt to changing market and organizational requirements.
- Experience working in Enterprise SaaS, or held a Media Buying or Media Planning position at an agency.
- Experience with a data pipeline, analytics, and data visualization tools.
- Startup experience; e.g., you’ve been a technical founder, co-founder, growth specialist or held other relevant roles at a startup.
- Experience building or supporting sites powered by WordPress.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are content.