Product Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus develops new AI-powered diagnostic tests that advance clinical care and research across different diseases, starting with cancer.
We're looking for an experienced, high performing individual to be the Product Marketing Manager for our commercial offerings. The Product Marketing Manager will help define our product launch readiness strategy and will collaborate “hands on” with different functional groups (e.g., Research, Marketing, Sales, Technology, Lab Operations) to ensure commercial readiness of all our products. The Product Marketing Manager will also analyze results of product launches to continuously improve future offerings. Finally, the Product Marketing Manager will establish the repeatable playbook for doing commercial product launch at Tempus, and scale the playbook as the pace of innovation continues to accelerate.
The role requires the candidate to have excellent communication and organizational skills. Since successful execution requires exposure across multiple facets of the organization – with high visibility interaction with sales, marketing, science, product, and lab groups specifically – the role is a prelude to broader leadership opportunities at Tempus.
The ideal candidate will have previously led product operations or project management at a healthcare technology company. This role will report into the commercial operations team.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate product launch plan:
- Collaborate cross functionally (i.e., R&D, lab operations, marketing, sales operations, marketing, field sales, regulatory) to ensure an offering is truly commercially ready to be launched
- Communicate progress to executive team and key stakeholders
- Run the plan – Track deliverables, milestones, risks, and dependencies across functions:
- Anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies, provide escalation management throughout product launch cycle
- Advocate for stakeholders across functions throughout the launch cycle to ensure every group has the support needed to succeed
- Analyze results to improve future launches
- As needed, work with groups on post launch activities to capture full value of the offering (e.g., publications, data science) and plan next iteration of the offering
- Assist Marketing and Sales on go-to-market plan
- Build and establish the repeatable and scalable Tempus Product Launch playbook; work with other business units on their “product launch readiness”; create template to be used as the standard readiness plan across Tempus
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 3+ years of relevant project management experience
- High degree of self-awareness, confidence, organizational, communication and anticipatory skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with an ability to communicate cross clinical, technical, sales, and operational audiences
- Ability to build collaborative working relationship across functions
- Experience in technology and/or healthcare industry preferred
- Product management experience preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Data-driven precision medicine