Content Marketing Writer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Convictional, we’re passionate about building the world’s best Supplier Enablement platform to vastly improve all B2B trade online. We are seeking a Content Marketing Writer to join our founding Go-To-Market team to support our ambitious content goals.
We're Convictional. Convictional is a Y-Combinator-backed company building an industry-leading infrastructure software for B2B trade. We exist to make B2B trade easier for our customers (enterprise retailers, marketplaces, and distributors) to digitally enable all of their suppliers. Our customers use Convictional to onboard, integrate, and manage their suppliers in order to make B2B trade easier.
The status quo is complex, and unfortunately tolerated by too many companies. Our mission is to make B2B trade easy to understand and straightforward to implement by defining a new software category we call Supplier Enablement. Our ideal candidate will be inspired by this mission and be a major contributor in educating the retail industry around the business opportunities and playbooks around offering great supplier experiences. Our customers have learned that Supplier Enablement is one of the keys to driving sustainable business growth as well as reclaiming the joy of retail and B2B.
Our team is ambitious, highly entrepreneurial, and biased towards action. We never back down from a spirited debate and believe we are all responsible for fully exploring the hard questions. We value self-awareness and meaningful impact. We are open to unconventional approaches, and have learned to not judge a book by its cover. We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us. We are learning every day and are committed to sharing our knowledge with our industry by publishing thoughtful, informative content.
We believe flexibility is important, as time is your most valuable resource. We are a fully distributed team with people located in Toronto, Waterloo, NYC, Arizona, Los Angeles, and Vancouver. We don't care where you work, so long as you are accessible to the prospects and customers that you sell to. You set all your hours - if you’d rather work at 10 pm instead of 10 am, we’re cool with that. We use email, not messaging apps, we default to no internal meetings, and Deep Work Wednesdays. We expect you to go to coaching or therapy at least occasionally and adhere to 10% compound time.
About the role
We are seeking a Content Marketing Writer who will
- Responsible for writing, editing, and optimizing blog posts, longer-form content (guides/ebooks), case studies, and website copy.
- Build and scale a content calendar with a publishing cadence of two long-form pieces per week
- Synthesize many inputs to create shippable content pieces quickly, including conducting interviews (within and outside Convictional), collecting stats and case studies so pieces are credible and cited
- Conduct SEO research for each article and incorporate findings into the final product.
- Adapt writing style for content production across different mediums including blog posts, website, social posts, white papers, and video scripts.
- Deeply understand our core audiences and craft content that is valued by them.
- Develop and monitor performance metrics for content targeted at different stages of our customer’s journey.
- Think about content holistically, from the written word to visual design.
- Own end-to-end content workflow, from ideation to publishing to measurement.
Our Content Marketing Writer
- Loves the art of storytelling and has a deep curiosity to continuously learn new subjects.
- Is an excellent and joyful writer who understands how to capture attention and deliver value to the audience
- Understands the factors in content that play a role in achieving engagement and demand generation
- Functions optimally in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Has a strong interest of the digital commerce industry and associated solution landscape and is eager to wear the hat of industry guide
- Is a systems-thinker who is highly organized, self-motivated, and operates with a sense of urgency.
- 3+ years in a writing-centric role in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related work experience
- Proven body of written work, including long-form and copy
- Experience editing and improving content written by others
- A history of interviewing a diverse range of business personas and personalities
- Knowledgeable of digital marketing, including SEO and social media.
If this doesn’t sound like you, but you believe you have something to contribute, tell us why in an email. We will read it, and we will reply to you with thoughtful feedback about whether or not you may be a good fit for us.
Drop us a line or share your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.