Marketing Operations Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
BetterLesson empowers K-12 teachers to build a modern classroom: learner-centered, culturally responsive and personalized. Instead of the conventional one-size-fits-all professional development format for educators, BetterLesson supports teachers in a personalized and continuous way -- using a mix of remote 1:1 coaching, remote team coaching, remote workshops, and in-person workshops, all supported by the BetterLesson Lab software. We match each teacher with a world-class coach and then leverage our technology to suggest customized teaching strategies, measure impact on student learning, and improve teaching practice continuously through rapid iteration. This process leads to off-the-charts teacher love (our data shows teachers love BetterLesson more than Apple users love their iPhones), high administrator engagement, and, most importantly, dramatic teacher and student growth.
BetterLesson has raised over $30M of venture capital and grant funding, serves over 400 school districts, sees 850K+ monthly active users accessing our online lessons and strategies, and is expanding quickly.
About Our Culture
We are a growing team of teaching practice geeks, educational opportunity devotees, and product development specialists who are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as reflected in and supported by our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Continuum. We place tremendous value on our company’s roots and culture: a shared passion to transform professional learning for educators at scale and a sense of urgency to achieve this vision on behalf of students.
BetterLesson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and value the inclusion of diverse perspectives of our team in support of our work with students and partners. We are deeply committed to providing equitable access and lifting up different voices inside and outside of the organization. We enthusiastically invite individuals of all backgrounds, including people of all races, colors, religions, sexes, pregnancy statuses (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origins, ages, marital statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, non-disqualifying physical or mental disabilities, and/or any other characteristics unrelated to merit, to apply. At BetterLesson, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All candidates should have the experience, competence, and enthusiasm to dive into our highly dynamic organization headfirst and rapidly solve complex, exciting, and interconnected problems. We offer a unique opportunity to join a small team and make a massive impact on our education system.
About The Role
We are seeking a strategic and creative technologist to bring our website and marketing programs to life. As the Marketing Operations Manager, you will own our corporate website, working with the marketing and design teams to create content that pulls our target audience to engage and convert through our digital content. You are the glue that holds our team together. You will build new content on our website, create journey paths that help educate our multiple personas including K-12 District and School Leaders. You will own our HubSpot operations set-up, building automation, email templates, landing pages, and other digital assets to support our content, regional, and growth marketing strategies. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of analytics and marketing funnel conversion data and can use that data to guide marketing development and optimization of our programs across the full lifecycle of a customer. You will be responsible for establishing reporting and data measurements that help fuel our growth and build a continuous testing and iteration culture among the marketing team. This position will report to the Vice President of Marketing.
You will focus on 6 main functional areas:
- Corporate website management and development
- Hubspot workflows and automation
- Digital asset creation (email templates and landing pages)
- Analytics and marketing data
- Conversion optimization
- Own the marketing tech stack of tools
- Own our corporate website, creating new content, managing external developers, ensuring WordPress is up-to-date and supporting channel growth and conversions to drive new direct and strategic partner sales.
- Build website content, blog posts, webinars, landing pages, and execute campaigns that drive marketing sourced revenue for the company.
- Build and maintain marketing digital assets, including website, landing pages, emails, podcast library, video library, and the like.
- Own our Hubspot instance, ensuring our integration with SalesForce is in sync, allowing us to track and measure marketing influence and sourced pipeline.
- Build and manage views in Hubspot to enable cadence targeting and support prospect outreach for marketing and sales.
- Own our analytics and data program, ensuring campaigns are being measured appropriately while providing insight to the marketing team on what is working and where we need to optimize performance.
- Create Hubspot and Salesforce dashboards and reports that highlight the value marketing is driving through activity and campaigns while identifying opportunities for optimization.
- Proactively solve problems through communications and automation with cross-functional partners to support efficient and data-driven customer journeys.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in Marketing Operations or related role managing WordPress, Hubspot, and Salesforce to build a complete marketing techstack that drives quality leads through the full lifecycle.
- 1-2 years of marketing experience in the K-12 market (preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative spirit dedicated to helping teams across the company achieve their goals
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Experience with WordPress, Hubspot, Salesforce and managing the marketing techstack
- The ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
We Can Offer You
- The opportunity to work with an awesome team to solve important problems.
- A competitive salary.
- Health and other employee benefits.
- Equity in the business you are helping to build.
- A flexible schedule and vacation policy.
- The opportunity to spend every day working to improve outcomes for teachers and students.
Your application has been successfully submitted.