Affiliate Marketing Manager (Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Podia, we’re building the best platform on the planet for creators to sell online courses, digital downloads, webinars, coaching, and memberships.
We’re a fully remote company, have been around since 2014 helping creators earn hundreds of millions, and are growing fast.
As our affiliate marketing manager, your job will be to help us show up in all the places that a creator could look when trying to do something that Podia solves.
You’ll work with the growth marketing team to help affiliates drive more business to Podia, sign up new affiliates, and work with influencers to increase Podia’s reach.
You’ll have real budget, the flexibility to create your own strategy, and work with an amazing growth team, marketing team, and company.
Let’s dive in.
Why this is a dream marketing opportunity
Podia has been growing organically for the last five years.
We’ve put serious bandwidth and budget behind a single channel: content marketing. We have a world-class content team that drives leads, and a new growth team that’s working on building our other marketing channels.
We have successful partnerships and great word-of-mouth — and an affiliate program that’s already driven thousands of customers, even though we’ve done hardly anything to grow it.
In short: there’s a ton of opportunity to grow programs in the way you think makes sense for Podia and our creators (but you don’t have to start from scratch).
This role has a deceptively simple mission: Make sure that Podia shows up in all of the places that a potential customer could look.
The first path is affiliates — but this role will also have opportunities to work with influencers and spread Podia through creator communities. We think affiliates are the place to start, but we’re not looking for a “typical” playbook. We want to reach creators where they are.
Oh and by the way, you won’t be limited by the usual blockers:
If you’ve ever been asked to do marketing for a product that isn’t very good, or is in a “nice to have” market, you know how hard it is to watch customers slip away for yet another month of flat growth.
At Podia, our NPS is in the 99th percentile for internet companies. Our customers love us, we’ve helped many of them become successful, and your hard work won’t go to waste.
The creator market is on fire right now. As more and more people join the creator economy, Podia is there to tap into the demand — with a platform that creators need to run their business. This is a must-have product in a high growth market, and our growth reflects that.
If you’ve been stuck marketing a “boring” (or worse) product, you know how hard it is to wake up and fake enthusiasm about what you’re selling.
Podia gets emails from creators every day. Every single day there's a creator using Podia to earn their first dollar online. We have customers all over the world — people who are starting side hustles or starting business or quitting jobs because of the income they make from Podia.
If you’ve ever been frustrated by following the “playbook” or trying to hit …questionable… KPIs, you know how it feels to have your creativity limited.
We’re not interested in a cobbled-together playbook of “best practices” or arbitrary goals. Everything we do at Podia starts with the creator and continues to the business — we want to do what works, and that means looking past playbooks to find the real levers for growth.
In this role, you’ll work with the Director of Growth Marketing to write a new playbook and run with it.
If you’ve had to share results with other departments (or get sucked into enablement, or deal with fire drills when other teams don’t hit their goals), you know what it’s like to do everything right and still feel like things went wrong.
Podia is 100% self-serve. There is no sales team. Marketing finds and converts the entire pipeline.
If you’re still excited after reading that, let’s get into the details.
We’re looking for someone with:
- The ability to own a program from start to finish. You’ll have a lot of flexibility and support from the team, and that also comes with the responsibility to shape strategy and execute.
- Excitement about building relationships. To affiliates and influencers, you will be Podia. Part of the role is building strong, long-term relationships with people in the creator space.
- A data-driven perspective, with some SEO or audience intelligence experience. Creators find platforms in search, in communities, via recommendation...and your role is to identify the places where Podia can show up when people get recommendations.
- Content and copy chopz. We believe in the importance of a great message, and you’ll be tackling resources, assets, webinars, demo, and other types of content for affiliates and influencers.
- A tendency to think bigger than the next opportunity. Affiliates are the next step, but the goal is to “be where creators look” — not just to build an affiliate program. You like to think about programs as a whole, and you want to build something that has an outsized impact on the business (and Podia’s creators).
- At least 4 hours overlap with US Eastern Time
- 3+ years of marketing experience, preferably in SaaS or an affiliate-heavy business
We get hundreds of job applications for every open role. If you’d like some tips on how to stand out, read this thread by our CMO, Len Markidan
It’d be REALLY great if you also:
- Have created and/or sold an online course, membership, coaching service, or download
- Have worked with digital creators
- Have managed an affiliate or influencer program (SaaS, or another industry)
These are nice-to-haves, but not requirements. Don’t be discouraged if they don’t apply to you. If you’re confident you’re otherwise perfect for this role, please apply!
Here’s what you’ll get if you join Podia:
- Competitive compensation. We want to hire the best people, and we’re ready to pay for them. We use a standardized salary scale set at the 90th percentile of US salaries for each role—regardless of where you are in the world 💰
- Ultimate flexibility. We try to have some overlap time every day, but outside of that, work whenever and wherever you work best 🗺️
- Extreme autonomy. No micro-managing here. After onboarding, you’ll be given high-level direction and then left to solve it the way you feel is best. 📚
- That said, the rest of the team is always ready to lend a hand—or even an ear if you just need to bounce some ideas 💡
- You’ll be working with a diverse team from a range of countries and backgrounds. We work hard to make Podia an inclusive workplace for everyone 🌈
- We have a rapidly growing base of passionate customers. Your work will be seen and appreciated by many people ❤️
- Great benefits including three weeks paid vacation (plus another week during the December holidays), sabbaticals every three years, professional development credit, paid family leave, a new laptop every three years, and more ☺️
- (Paid for) annual retreats to spend time with the team and have fun together (or a still-pretty-great virtual retreat when there’s a global pandemic) ✈️
Sound like you? Want to be part of a smart, nimble, motivated team working hard to build something big?
If that sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you 📣
About the hiring process:
Interested in joining our team? Great!
We’ll begin reviewing applications immediately, and continue to review them for the first two weeks after the date of posting. There's no benefit to applying in the first five minutes, and we'd rather you take your time. We heavily weigh the answers to our application form rather than data from LinkedIn or resumes. We typically reduce the candidate pool down to a small handful who move on to a small test project.
The project phase is a short paid test project, run very much like something you could expect to do if you were hired for the role. We’ll give you a week to complete the project, but expect that you’ll only need ~4 hours.
We’ll review the test projects, provide feedback in a single revision round for promising projects, and then based on the results of the revision round, select candidates to go on for an interview.
You’ll have four total interviews over Zoom, including:
- The Director of Growth Marketing (Hiring manager)
- The CMO
- The Marketing Coordinator
- The CEO
The last interview will be with Spencer, our CEO, who can answer any questions you have about the broader goals and workings of the company.
After that, we'll decide on our final candidates and ask for professional references from both a previous co-worker and a manager. We'll reach out to those references to set up a brief 10 minute call or email.
Finally, all going well, we'll make a written offer to the successful candidate which can be signed electronically 🥳
We’re looking forward to chatting 🙂
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering creative entrepreneurs.