Vice President, Brand Strategy
We are looking for a Vice President, Brand Strategy to create and lead Brand Awareness initiatives. This is a full time position to be based in our corporate office in Winooski, VT or Indianapolis, IN. We will also consider remote candidates for the right fit.
Our ideal candidate will possess strong leadership and communication skills, and have the ability to collaborate cross functionally and think strategically to guide development of our brand. A growth orientation mindset and strong analytical skills are required.
About Marathon Health
Marathon Health (www.marathon-health.com) is one of the nation’s leading providers of employer-based health services. We serve businesses throughout the United States, providing a different kind of healthcare program that focuses on total population health management and health risk reduction.
Marathon Health promotes a culture of health and wellness in everything we do. It is for this reason we seek to hire individuals who embrace wellness and model healthy behaviors in their own lives. We value the richness diversity brings to our workforce and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and provider (EOE). We are proud to be a drug and tobacco free company and the selected candidate must pass a criminal background check.
As the VP, Brand Strategy, you will have a direct impact on driving our growth every day by increasing category and brand awareness and deploying campaigns that cut through the clutter to make an impact. You’re a storyteller at heart and know how to build a multi-channel platform that will amplify our message and increase demand for our products and services among B2B and B2C customers.
- Translate our business strategy into actionable brand campaigns to hit our strategic and financial objectives in the short and long term
- Design and manage a brand scorecard to track brand equity using a variety of methodologies that will help quantify overall impact and brand investment
- Be a passionate advocate for the power of brand and establish brand building as a force multiplier for the business
- Build and leverage a tool box from across the organization, including our care teams, care model, outcomes data, patient success stories and client testimonials to build the brand and strengthen our messaging
- Partner with b2c and b2b marketers to develop customer personas, journey mapping and conduct market analysis to inform consistent messaging across all touchpoints
- Build and manage a team of visual and interactive designers that will bring the brand vision to life
- Build and manage a team of content marketers who can storytell at scale and execute memorable campaigns and digital assets that cut through the clutter
- Help us move from ad hoc thinking to true campaign design
- Design and implement processes that bring order to the day to day and set us up for scale
- Hire and manage external agencies as needed to execute your strategy
- 10 – 15 years of experience building an iconic brand and the ability to translate those learnings into repeating your successes with us
- Experience with category building a plus but not required
- Passion for content marketing and distribution strategy
- Demonstrated experience designing and executing strategic brand campaigns that made an impact on business results
- Experience managing visual and interactive designers
- Strong digital experience required, including how to leverage paid, earned and owned channels to increase awareness and consideration
- Experience at a high-growth company
- Demonstrated experience managing teams that are outside of your expertise
- Ability to inspire and be a role model for marketing organization and for the greater organization
- Ability to attract and lead a team of effective creatives and groom them for what’s next in their career
- Experienced public speaker who can take our story on the road and help promote the brand
- Comfortable with consistent change and the ability to help your team navigate through effective change management
- Eagerness to learn and adapt quickly
- Experience implementing systems and processes to improve throughput and set us up for scale
- Excellent communication skills -- you will interact with customers, executives, vendors and cross-functional teammates regularly.
- Inclusive thinker – ability to partner on eventual solutions with peers and stakeholders and not work in a vacuum.
- Attention to detail
- Creative thinker so you can see beyond the exact request and produce materials that answer the “why.”
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Health Works Here