Content Marketing Manager (SportsTech)
The amateur sports industry is growing at a breakneck pace. What was once perceived as a mature industry has grown by 50% over the last 5 years to reach $15B annually. During this growth period there has been a dramatic shift in the way amateur sport organizations and teams train, organize and communicate in within their program and life. While the world moved on from pen and paper, to digital workflows and mobile apps that transformation did not take hold in amateur sports at the same pace.
Today’s athletes spend up to 6 hours a day on their phone while coaches are still using paper, pencils, and clipboards to train athletes and run their programs. The lack of technology creates a broken ecosystem inside of teams in every sport around the world. MaxOne is the leading Digital Coaching Platform ('DCP') in Youth Sports that empowers coaches to train, organize, and communicate together, from anywhere.
About the Role
Since launching back in 2015, MaxOne has experienced exponential organic growth. We’re now looking for a content creator to help us define and execute a content strategy and grow our brand. As an early member of MaxOne’s Marketing team, you will contribute to content across the buyer journey from thought leadership pieces to customer evidence that helps drive demand and revenue. We’re building out the Content Marketing team and have some exciting projects we want to execute on in the coming year as we grow MaxOne’s brand.
What You’ll Do
- Create high quality content that grows the MaxOne brand and nurtures potential customers. You’ll work on blog posts, case studies, social copy, landing pages, podcasts, etc. – we’re a small team so there’s an opportunity to work across a wide range of projects.
- Implement our SEO strategy by writing, editing and optimizing content so that it ranks highly in search.
- Work on campaigns and all sorts of creative projects with colleagues in product and growth marketing.
- Collaborate with external contributors – partners and contractors – to contribute to our content program.
- Work closely with subject matter experts from around the company to develop the best content possible.
- Stay on top of industry developments, news, and trends so that we publish content that resonates with MaxOne target prospects and customers.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 3 years experience in working in content marketing, media or publishing.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines is essential.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment.
Nice To Haves
- Experience in SportsTech or FitTech (If you have this and can write, we can overlook some of the other requirements).
- Past experience as an athlete or sports coach
People Who Fit Our Culture
- Naturally curious, passionate and have a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Fast learners with the ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Persuasive, amiable, self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities as required in a high-growth start-up environment
- Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and put in the extra effort to get the job done
- A desire to win!!
- Total Rewards: Competitive salary, stock options and health benefits
- Self-Managed Time Off: Awesome people need time off to maintain balance in their lives and to deliver exceptional results. You should take time as you need, when you need it. We offer unlimited time off to empower team members to take paid time off for a variety of reasons, such as, but not limited to vacation, personal, sick and bereavement.
- Flexibility: We believe that giving team members a high degree of ownership creates a high performing culture. We trust you to do your work. We don’t have a set time for you to show up or leave. We have the technology and teamwork to allow you to do what’s needed, from wherever you need to do it.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MaxOne is committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religious creed, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age or marital status in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MaxOne’s Digital Coaching Platform (‘DCP’) empowers organizations, coaches, and athletes with a digital solution to train, connect and grow together, anywhere. With an increasing list of demands, directors and coaches need to be smarter in the development of their training programs and in the use of their time and resources. MaxOne’s DCP features cutting edge training tools, creating the most sophisticated and engaging on-demand digital training experience available.
Your application has been successfully submitted.