This job is no longer accepting applications.
Sprout Social is looking for a strategic, data-driven and collaborative content marketer to join our growing Content Team. This person will focus on content performance analysis, research and optimizations to maximize the success of our content and distribution.
We’re looking for someone with a strong grasp of content performance metrics, keyword research and content reporting tools, and familiarity with distribution channels like email and paid media. This person enjoys educating and mentoring other marketers in their areas of expertise and seeing their recommendations have an immediate impact on content performance. They’re motivated to explore and identify creative ways to grow Sprout Social’s reach.
The following is the minimum experience required for this role:
- 4+ years of experience working in marketing, content and/or SEO
- 2+ years of experience using tools like Google Analytics and Salesforce to report on content performance
- 2+ years of experience conducting keyword research, monitoring keyword and content performance, and leveraging best practices in content planning and development to ensure articles are optimized to rank in search results and drive traffic
- Previous content creation and distribution experience
Experience in software/SaaS marketing, demand generation or analytics would indicate a particularly strong candidate. This role will work closely with Sprout’s Managing Editor, who leads editorial planning and content creation, and report to the Director of Content.
This is a US-based role open to candidates in: AZ, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NY, NC, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VT, WA, Washington, DC, WI. If your state is not included in the above list but you are willing to relocate, please let us know. If not, but you’d like to stay in touch with us in case that changes in the future, please apply and we’ll save your application for possible future consideration.
Within one month, you will…
- Attend Sprout Social new hire training to learn about Sprout’s business, products, customers and culture
- Meet with key partners on the Content, Performance Marketing, Analytics and Demand Generation Teams to learn about their work and collaboration to date
- Understand Sprout’s marketing goals, brand positioning and content strategy
- Familiarize yourself with Sprout’s current editorial calendar and deep dive into our content landscape, including articles, data reports, guides, tools/templates, case studies, etc.
Within three months, you will...
- Have a strong understanding of Sprout’s content strategy, growth plans, distribution and stakeholders
- Evaluate current content reporting practices and tools, and present recommendations for improving our understanding of content performance
- Conduct keyword research on categories and topics to lay a foundation for growing organic search visibility among new personas
- Research and write content briefs for articles that are informed by categorical trend and keyword research
- Provide feedback to writers/editors to optimize articles for search visibility and volume
- Learn the ins and outs of Sprout’s project management and content tools like Jira, Wordpress and Smartsheet
Within six months, you will...
- Regularly use Google Analytics, Salesforce, Ahrefs/SEMRush and other tools you identify to assess content performance across different dimensions
- Provide data-driven recommendations for content optimization and creation to improve conversion, address keyword gaps and seize new opportunities
- Develop rituals and regular practices around sharing performance insights and best practices with the Content Team and partners
- Conduct content audits and collaborate with the Managing Editor, SEO Team and others to support marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with the Email, Paid Media and Content Teams to plan and optimize ongoing content distribution
- Be comfortable and proactive about collaborating, sharing your ideas and making recommendations to improve our content strategy and performance
Within 12 months, you will...
- Explore and vet new content distribution opportunities and other ways to increase the reach of Sprout’s content
- Contribute to the content strategy that will get us to Sprout’s next level of growth
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change our team and marketing efforts in ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
See social differently