Product Marketing Manager
How to Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a great subject line and even better body content
Tell us the coolest thing about Swoogo
Include your resume
Please do not attach a separate cover letter
The whole left brain/right brain argument has always been a little bit of a mystery to you; yeah, you’re a great storyteller, but that doesn’t make you any less analytical.
Sure, you’re great at grasping tough concepts and solving difficult problems, but your superpower isn’t your curiosity or ability to understand how things work; it’s being able to explain them to the people around you in a way that helps them get on board.
You’ve both turned off YouTube how-to videos for getting way too granular and abandoned building furniture when the instructions didn’t give enough detail. You’ve convinced your one friend who promised themself they weren’t going out tonight to join you for just one drink by precisely calculating what time they need to be home to wake up with their alarm and which pizza place they can stop at on the way. You’ve occasionally found yourself continuing your side of an argument even after you know you’re wrong just to see if you can win; and hey, what’s the harm if you cop to it later?
See, no one wants to know how the sausage is made— but there are other ways to convince someone to try a hot dog.
That’s where you come in: yes, you’ve peeked behind the proverbial curtain, but you know a conversation about taste, satisfaction, and experience is how to sell a hoagie. And that magic? That’s what you’ve built your career on.
Today you apply your intellectual curiosity to learning how software products work and your knack for storytelling to helping laymen understand their value. You’re a hyper-organized project manager who’s used to being pulled in multiple directions; after all, you work closely with product, engineering, sales, post-sales, and content.
Your analytical brain loves seeing results, and you know what you need to measure to gauge success (and exactly how to measure it). Your creative side, on the other hand, loves applying your product expertise to creating content, from blog posts to white papers to informing ad and landing page copy.
Above all, you’re a great teammate. You know how important collaboration is when it comes to aligning on messaging and making a great product stand out in a crowded marketplace, and you’re here to lift your team up, bring them on board, and keep your ears open for great new ideas.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, you’ll be in charge of generating and learning from customer insights to inform our go-to-market strategy for new products and ideate (and execute on) campaigns that drive existing product adoption and growth.
- Define and support the execution of the strategy, positioning, messaging, and asset creation for new and existing Swoogo products and features.
- Conduct market and buyer research to inform go-to-market planning and messaging strategy, as well as providing market insights for sales and post sales teams to use in prospect and customer conversations.
- Deliver high-quality product focused content in the form of site copy, blogs, ebooks, white papers, webinars, explainer videos, launch videos, and customer events.
- Drive a balanced content strategy that evenly integrates thought leadership (top of funnel), how-to, explainer, and customer success content deployed across all content types.
- Partner with the Director and VP of Product to track product releases and project manage timely campaign execution
- Partner with the VP of Customer Experience to integrate product messaging into content output for external and internal audiences
- Partner with the Training team to simplify and unify messaging around new and existing product education
- Work with the Director of Demand Generation to provide product messaging for lead generation campaigns
- 5+ Years in Product/Content Marketing Role(s). Other relevant experience may be considered
- 2+ Year(s) in a B2B SaaS organization
- Excellent, B2B focused content portfolio
- Strong understanding of how developers talk and think, with the ability to translate that information into compelling stories for marketing release
- The ability to quickly grasp how software products work. Fluent in technical language and systems
- A desire to talk to and learn from our customers about product adoption, needs, and future goals
- Basic design experience (Adobe creative cloud) is a plus
- Events industry experience is a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.