Content & Social Media Marketing Manager
A little bit about us
We are a fast-growing, team-oriented company on a mission to help colleges and universities improve communication with students through our super-smart products that personalize and improve the student experience.
What is this role all about?
As a key member of the Marketing Team, the Content & Social Media Marketing Manager will help position the Mongoose brand as a thought leader in the higher education space, creating a content & social media strategy that drives engaging, audience-centric content through a mix of channels that delivers measurable results.
You’re a great fit for the role if you understand demand generation, with a heavy focus on content and organic social.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants their work to have a direct impact on business, is a self-starter who isn’t afraid to take initiative, and loves creating and distributing content.
Reporting to: Director of Marketing
- Define and execute the company’s content and social media marketing strategy that aligns with demand generation, and brand to engage across buying groups throughout the customer journey
- Coordinate with other internal and external contributors to create content for: internal and external blogs, organic social media, email campaigns, thought leadership content, videos, presentations, and website content
- Develop engaging and relevant content that effectively engages Mongoose’s target audience with brand-appropriate narratives
- Manage corporate social media channels including LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter; develop strategies to maximize our reach, increase engagement and measure results
- Monitor content & social media performance to evolve the customer experience by providing timely and relevant content that resonates with our audience
- Report on content and social media KPIs and channel strategies including presentations to internal teams
- Create & execute thought leadership strategy for leadership team and sales directors
- Collaborate cross-functionally with demand generation, product marketing, brand, public relations and sales to plan and schedule supporting content
- Support creative team with content strategy and development for multimedia content
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the industry (trends, breaking news), our competitors
- 4+ years experience in content and social media management
- Experience in a B2B technology company preferred
- Strong communication and storytelling skills
- Strong project management skills: You thrive in cross-functional environments and can influence a wide range of stakeholders to drive desired outcomes
- Detail and results-oriented: You’re skilled at both planning and hands-on execution
- Creative & strategic thinker
- Embody the Mongoose values
- Strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative and ownership of initiatives
If you are interested in the position please send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your resume
- Links to social media pages you manage
- Examples of written work
- One thing you’d change about Mongoose’s social media & why
Mongoose is an equal opportunity employer that is united by our values and celebrates our unique differences. We’re building a company that’s focused, not just on the bottom line, but also on the happiness of our customers and team.
EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.