Product Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About Common Room
Common Room brings companies closer to their communities. Today’s most successful companies are driven by thriving communities of end users. As a result, companies of all sizes are investing in their communities, but software hasn’t caught up yet. Until now. We’re building the first community intelligence platform that identifies the people, topics, and organizations that matter most. With Common Room, teams can finally realize the true potential of their communities and build stronger relationships with their users than ever before.
We’ve raised over $50 million from top-tier investors including Greylock, Index, and Madrona to build the community platform for modern SaaS companies. Additionally, we’re backed by 25+ operators from community-first organizations such as Stripe, Airtable, Slack, Notion, Loom, and more.
Why we need you:
We shared Common Room with the world a few months back and it resonated. We have thousands of people on our waitlist who requested early access and our early customers are leading community-led companies like Figma, Coda, and Shortcut (formerly Clubhouse). As we get ready to publicly release our product, we’re searching for a Product Marketing Manager to define and build core go-to-market functions including: positioning, release marketing, sales/success enablement, customer marketing, partnerships, and more. It’s safe to say there’s lots of opportunity for this role and Common Room overall.
The ideal candidate for this role will become an expert on our market, customers, and product, then use those insights to create compelling positioning and excellent experiences for our target audiences. You will work closely with both external partners and internal teams from across the company. If you’re excited about building from scratch with a stellar product and team, we’d love to hear from you.
You will enjoy being a member of our team if you:
- Are passionate about defining, influencing, and driving strategy for new businesses, products, and market segments
- Lead new product and feature launches, serving as the glue between product, marketing, sales, and customers
- Enjoy learning about new audiences then creating personas and other artifacts to educate internal teams
- Are highly-collaborative and a trusted partner to Product, Sales, and Success teams
- Understand how to scale product marketing processes and functions over time
- Influence the roadmap in close partnership with product, leveraging market, customer, and competitive insights
- Proactively move initiatives forward and consistently lead projects from start-to-finish with limited direction
- Are a team player and comfortable wearing multiple hats to get projects across the line
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, visual), for both internal and external audiences
- Thrive in fast-paced environments and enjoy building processes from the ground up
- Have 4+ years experience in product marketing or similar functions
Your application has been successfully submitted.
People matter most