Demand Generation Marketer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We connect brands with great products to the people who will love them.
Imagine you’re shopping at your favorite store, about to go to the dressing room to try on a handful of items. But before you walk in, the store associate asks to charge your credit card and informs you that you’ll have to go to the checkout counter to get a refund for any items you don’t want. This would never work in brick-and-mortar retail. So why is it the way things work online?
TryNow has pioneered the Try Now, Buy Later category, allowing online shoppers to receive and try out items at home, return what they don’t want, and pay only for what they keep. This seamless online checkout experience drives massive benefits for shoppers and for our merchant partners. We are looking for a talented Demand Generation Marketer (Remote) to help us build the future of this new ecommerce category.
What’s the opportunity?
The Demand Generation Marketer’s mission is to create and define the Try Now Buy Later category and make our direct-to-consumer ecommerce brand prospects feel heard and understood by TryNow. You will be responsible for the strategy and execution of Account Based Marketing initiatives. You’ll be relentlessly focused on generating pipeline from a target account list and accelerating existing MQL opportunities with creative, personalized touchpoints.
Our prospects require education throughout the funnel, and a sales decision requires buy-in from across the organization’s key stakeholders. The role of the Demand Generation Marketer is to deeply empathize and understand the motivations and concerns of these personas, and develop strategies and content that addresses their needs.
You’ll be working in close partnership with the leaders of the Sales and Customer Success organizations to achieve these goals.
What will I be doing?
- Defining TryNow’s Account Based Marketing strategy, from developing account personas to developing creative approaches for communicating with prospects
- Executing ABM strategies, including developing and repurposing content (e.g., website copy, blog posts, resources) to personalize to individual audiences / accounts and managing omnichannel outreach
- Identifying, implementing, and managing any tools or platforms related to the organization, execution, and measurement of ABM
- Partnering with Sales to develop account-specific strategies, including outbound prospecting, inbound lead follow-up, nurture activities, live / online events, among other activities
- Owning and executing the development of campaigns and related content
- Obsessing over ABM success metrics to continuously improve and optimize our strategy, including measuring effectiveness of messages, channels, content, etc.
- Developing baseline and then improving upon KPIs for ABM, including account engagement, meeting bookings, and time to close
- Above all, serving as the “voice” of TryNow to our targets, and relentlessly listening and learning to our target market’s pain points
What skills do I need?
- 7-10 years in multi-channel B2B marketing and experience working in an early-stage company
- Previous experience in ABM, lead generation, and digital marketing
- Prior responsibility of owning and attaining a lead quota
- Software industry experience required
- Experience setting up and working with ABM and CRM platforms and Salesforce
- Ability and excitement about combining strategic thinking with task execution
- Hyper-organized, with the ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize tasks, while simultaneously delivering exceptional quality and results
- Proactive problem-solving skills, with the ability - and desire - to dig into data to identify opportunities for optimization
- Self-starter mentality, capable of operating independently and executing with minimal guidance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally for customer events or internal offsites (1-2x a quarter)
Why you’ll love TryNow!
- We recently raised a $12M Series A from the founders of Affirm, PayPal, Plaid, along with VCs such as Craft Ventures and Shine Capital.
- We are a small team growing quickly so you’ll be exposed to every aspect of building a company.
- We are innovators defining a new category in the ecommerce space so you’ll play a fundamental role in shaping our success.
- We are empathetic leaders who put our customers at the center of everything we do. Care and commitment to our customers is what differentiates us. If you put your heart into your work, you’ll like working here.
- We are building a company that does not focus on separating work and life but rather creates space for the two to coexist harmoniously. We are hard-working thinkers, doers, and problem-solvers but are also travelers, skiers, chefs, trail-runners, and spin instructors. We believe in the importance of disconnecting to reconnect.
- You’ll be surrounded by an accomplished team that is growing quickly and has a lot of fun in the process.
- We’re a remote organization and provide flexibility on location and working hours. What matters to us is output and impact, and we believe in creating an environment where employees can be their best selves outside of work so they can be their best selves at work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Try New Things