VP of Product Marketing
The Opportunity . . .As the Head of Product Marketing (Sr Director/VP-level) you will be responsible for leading our product marketing team, serving as the champion of IronNet products. Reporting to the CMO, this individual must possess a customer-centric mindset and work equally upstream with product management and downstream with sales and customer success to maximize their effectiveness. If you are a creative, knowledgeable and flexible hands-on marketer with a focused ability to get the job done in the face of time, budget, or resource constraints, then we want to hear from you!
To be successful in this role you must be able to . . .
- Build and lead a team of world class product marketers tasked with positioning IronNet within the NDR market (industry analysts, financial analysts, marketing content, etc.)
- Develop compelling product messaging to position IronNet within the emerging XDR and Zero Trust markets
- Partner with product management leadership to identify key strategic areas of product/feature investments and to launch new capabilities and features
- Partner with sales and customer success to target the right customer profiles and enable the sales team to sell IronNet capabilities
- Partner with Content Marketing (web, social, etc.) and Demand Generation to identify ideal customer profiles and personas and leverage key messaging to target this audience
- Connect customer pain-points with our offerings and the business outcomes we produce
- Create and deliver product content and customer case studies for marketing, sales and customer success teams
- Work effectively cross-functionally and with executive leadership
- Lead product launches and announcements and refine and improve the process to maximize the impact with prospects, partners and industry analysts
- Align product branding and naming with the company branding strategy and guidelines
- Provide competitive analysis and related content to enable sales and maximize their effectiveness
- Support our industry analyst program by providing content and messaging to support briefings and product evaluations to differentiate our product
You may be the person we need if your background aligns with the following . . .
- 10+ years of B2B technology product marketing experience
- 5+ years in cybersecurity software/SaaS
- 5+ years of formal management experience and passion for leading teams, as well as delivering results as an individual contributor
- Demonstrated ability to build and scale teams, including a proven track record of hiring, mentoring and retaining world-class marketing talent
- Extensive experience in thought leadership, product messaging, content development, and sales enablement
- Strong verbal communication skills and a clear and persuasive, buyer-oriented writing style
- Excellent operational and project management skills, including the ability to manage diverse projects and multiple priorities under aggressive timelines
Outcomes you will be expected to deliver or impact include . . .
- Positive Industry Analyst Coverage - Measured by number AND/OR quality
- Successful Product Launches - Measured by sales, product, and marketing feedback
- Long term product-market fit - Measured by roadmap, pipeline and revenue growth
- Product Marketing team growth and success - Measured by performance of team members
- Partnership with Product, Sales, and Marketing - Measured by continuous feedback from L2 and key members of the respective group.
- Contribute to revenue targets - Measured by pipeline growth, customer wins, etc. (3-6 months)
- Improve Product-Market fit against industry trends of NDR, XDR, and Zero Trust (3-6 months)
- Improve GTM process with Sales, Marketing, and Products (3-6 months)
- Improve Roadmap strategy and product Launch process with Product Mgmt (6-12 months)
Your application has been successfully submitted.