SEO Team Lead / Manager (f/m/d) (remote)
Is This You?
You are currently working as a team lead in a digital marketing agency or you are running an in-house team. Things can get quite hectic as clients and team members turn over often. Deadlines are always tight and the sales pressure is high. You have spent one to many nights in front of your screen and you are looking for something new.
2020 might have been the first time you worked from home and you found it very enjoyable. You easily organized yourself and enjoyed the freedom to make your own schedule.
This is where Flow SEO comes in.
You Want MORE Creativity. Flexibility. Flow.
We are Flow SEO, a remote-native digital marketing agency. We have built our agency around the principles of flow - that illusive state of being in the zone where we feel our best and perform our best. We have given up on the hustle doctrine and have grown our agency organically by inbound marketing and referral.
Now, founder Viola Eva is looking for an experienced and charismatic right hand to lead and manage the entire SEO team.
This is for you if...
You have been in the trenches, did the hard work and have first hand experience of implementing successful SEO campaigns.
However, now your passion has turned to building, developing and managing teams. You are a people’s person that gets operations. Nothing makes you happier then setting up smooth systems and great training opportunities that make your team members succeed.
You are looking for a job with flexible hours, holidays where you can turn off notifications and weekends off.
You are a digital native. You know Slack, Asana, Gsuite, Ahrefs and SEMrush inside out (or you know it will be easy for you to jump into new tools).
In short: You are eager to make things happen and develop a powerful team whilst enjoying your private life, hobbies and relationships.
Who We Are
Flow SEO is a remote-native digital marketing agency. We are specialized in SEO for software and eLearning companies.
Our clients include Beekeeper, MailCharts, Gmelius, Betterworks, Love Stories TV, or IBIS World.
We provide services such as technical analysis, SEO-driven content marketing strategies (keyword research, content calendars, content briefings, content optimization), link acquisition as well as SEA.
Flow SEO founder Viola Eva is known from industry publication Search Engine Journal and public speaking at UnGagged, Pubcon, Search Marketing Summit Sydney, WordCamp, InOrbit, MBSummit, SEOkomm, Tech Open Air and Webinale.
Viola Eva is passionate about digital entrepreneurship, flow and mindful marketing. As a marketing consultant and SEO, she has worked with clients ranging from individual digital entrepreneurs, to software companies to multinational corporations and government institutions.
We are committed to working in flow and ease as much as we can. We thus challenge the notion of busyness, instant notifications, ever changing priorities and traditional models of scaling an agency.
We like to focus on what matters: Great community, deep work and peak performance.
We are a remote-native agency and our team members live in Germany, Austria, Macedonia, Serbia, Switzerland and the USA. We work asynchronously (at your own schedule).
There won’t be a beer fridge or a ping pong table but there will be the freedom to make your own schedule, get creative, set your own tasks and massively shape the growth of Flow SEO in the next few years.
The agency: https://www.flow-seo.com/
Our blog: https://www.flow-seo.com/blog/
Press mentions: https://www.flow-seo.com/press/
Viola Eva: https://www.linkedin.com/in/viola-eva/
- Full time position
- The role will be remote and asynchronous.
- Reports to: Viola Eva (founder, marketing & sales, finance, based in Berlin)
- Manages: currently 7 SEO team members (all remote)
- Success in the role means increased team happiness and productivity, meeting all client deadlines, successfully managing your own clients and supporting revenue growth through smooth operations
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage all SEO consultants as well as the backlink team - currently 7 people, all remote
- Develop SEO team through 1on1s and training
- Project manage our SEO and backlink campaigns in our project management tool Asana
- Own client deadlines and delivery of SEO work
- Streamline and improve SEO processes, client communication and reporting
- Set up, implement and train SEO team on the usage of new tools
- Account manage and execute the SEO work for 2-4 SEO clients (ca. 25-30% of your time) to learn our process, understand what we do and improve upon it
- SEO projects for clients as needed
- Native-level English
- Excellent self-organization in a remote work environment
- Excellent project management for a remote team
- Excellent team development, incl. onboarding, 1on1s and training
- Excellent campaign or client account management
- Good, practical SEO skills (technical, SEO-driven content marketing, on-page optimization or backlink building)
- Excellent ownership for results by being proactive, finding solutions, communicating openly, introducing new ideas and improving our processes.
- Excellent people skills, active listening, openness to feedback and self-reflection.
- Public speaking or videos, e.g. webinars, talks, or podcasts
- Active on LinkedIn or looking to become active
- Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a mandatory 2min Loom video (with your face) where you highlight one professional win that you celebrated in 2021. (Cover letter not mandatory.)
- Culture fit interview: We want to understand who you are, how you tick and how you vibe with our culture and values.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Scaling meaningful organic traffic.