This job is no longer accepting applications.
Carbon Equity is building the leading climate investment platform. We believe that everybody should have the option to use their capital to fight climate change. This is why we made it our personal mission to open up the world of private market investing to a new generation of investors who want to make an impact!
Carbon Equity is the world’s first platform for Alternative Climate Investments. Through the Carbon Equity platform, we offer small-ticket access to the world’s leading climate investment funds. We focus on multiple asset classes including venture capital and private equity. Carbon Equity offers you the opportunity to maximize the climate impact of your investible savings. Meanwhile, you get to invest alongside the world’s best climate investors, benefit from venture-type returns whilst mitigating financial risk through a high degree of diversification. You basically can have your cake 🍰 and it eat it too.
Why we need you:
Carbon Equity is looking for a creative and dynamic Content Marketeer with a knack for copywriting. You live and breathe creative concepts and will make it your mission to turn Carbon Equity into a leading brand people trust, can relate to, and enjoy interacting with. Our dream candidate is a storyteller who solves problems through language and powerful content.
Some people might call you a generalist, but we prefer marketing Swiss Army knife. From SEO, setting up digital marketing campaigns and (visual) content marketing, to community, ambassador and public relations – you know how to expertly wield each tool in the marketing toolkit, and are happiest wearing many hats.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You will work together with our Head of Growth to devise a marketing content plan for the upcoming 12 months. Working closely together with the rest of the team you combine your writing & content creation skills to create a strong (visual) narrative about our mission and our investment products. You will own the content creation machine and are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
This means you will:
- Be responsible for our content marketing plan and be part of its execution;
- Create and maintain consistent brand/image voice across web, events, and promotional materials, and throughout our company and externally;
- Apply various social media tactics in creating brand awareness and generating inbound traffic that strengthens the company’s social media presence;
- Create original, error-free, clear, and concise copy for website content, promotional materials, blog entry, social and newsletter that ensures compelling and effective communication;
- Work on creating video and audio content to create brand awareness and engagement;
- Work on events/programs to drive brand engagement and create demand;
- Assist our head of growth to test hypotheses and incorporate insights to optimize results;
- Assist in the development of the yearly marketing plan including budget and short and long-term strategy;
You need these qualifications
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a B2C marketing position;
- You’ve built and executed marketing strategies from idea to analysis and optimization;
- You have proven experience in conceptualizing, planning, and creating long- and short-form content such as blog posts, email, whitepapers, landing pages, and social posts, and you know how to optimize these for SEO;
- You know how to use creative content to build effective marketing campaigns that cover the complete funnel;
- You’re familiar with building target personas and are able to put yourself in their shoes to ensure the content you create is relevant and appealing;
- You have worked with ActiveCampaign or similar CRM tools like Hubspot, Mailchimp, Pipedrive;
- You have worked with CMS tools like WordPress, Elementor etc;
- You are entrepreneurial and you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment;
- You have an affinity with cleantech companies, sustainability, and/or investing;
- You are deeply, personally excited about what we’re creating at Carbon Equity;
- Ability to work at our office at The Next Web in Amsterdam for at least 3 times a week;
- You write & speak English fluently and without errors;
- You have a valid work visa for the Netherlands;
- Passion for/experience with (co)creating visual content is considered a plus;
- Passion for/experience with (co)creating podcasts is considered a plus.
What is in store for you
- Let’s be honest, joining a startup in our early-stage has pros and cons. The con is that you have to figure out a lot of shit yourself, you will not seamlessly fit into a well-oiled machine. You kind of have to build the machine yourself. That then of course is the big pro. You get to build the machine yourself 🧰🛠️. Now that is impact. The impact you will have in building a super early-stage startup will never be greater. You get to join all internal and external discussions, you get to learn by doing and you get to set the rules and build the groundwork for a future Unicorn 🦄 or Zebra 🦓 or … well you get to decide just how successful we will be and how much impact we will have.
Our selection procedure explained
After filling in the form below you will receive an email that will ask you to send:
- Your resume
- Your motivation
- Links/PDF files to your earlier content/copy work
When you are invited, we will first have an informal chat to introduce Carbon Equity, the vacancy and get to know you.
During the selection procedure (of maximum two rounds), our communication will be transparent, fast and straightforward. We might ask you to finish a case or provide advice on a current business challenge. This will be communicated beforehand.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Venture Capital for good