Director of Product Marketing
Ceros is an experiential platform that empowers the creation of bespoke, immersive digital experiences without code. We’re passionate about helping companies transform their static digital content into engaging experiences. From custom microsites to immersive interactive webpages, you can build it with Ceros. Publish and update live content and instantly embed it into your site or social media platforms such as Pinterest or Snapchat. Join us and be part of the movement to enable everyone to create experiences that matter.
Our customers include some of the world’s leading brands, such as Mashable, Bloomberg, Red Bull, United Airlines, and AIG.
We are well-funded and institutionally-backed by prominent investors including Sumeru Equity Partners, Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
The Role and Your Impact
We are seeking a B2B product marketing leader with deep experience scaling businesses, growing product lines, and leading teams. As the Director of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for the overall Ceros product marketing and go-to-market strategies, as well as building and managing a team of product marketing associates. The product marketing organization is responsible for defining product portfolio requirements, customer segmentation, market sizing, buyer personas, buyer journeys, messaging & positioning, customer-facing enablement, competitive analysis, field communication, win-loss interviews, customer evidence, and product launch activities.
You will collaborate closely with product management, product design, and engineering on customer requirements, pricing, and competitive intelligence, and all client-facing teams on positioning, packaging, and messaging around new features and functionality. Measures of success include improving our win rate, increasing adoption and usage, and strengthening our competitive position. This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Manage and Lead
- Build the product marketing muscle at Ceros, hire/recruit the best A-team, and support employee development and growth
- Ensure quarterly planning, defined metrics, and performance feedback
Market, Customer and Competitive Research
- Manage competitive and market analysis that informs product strategy and prepares field/sales for addressing competitive situations
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer segments and buyer personas to differentiate our value proposition and expand types of users and use cases for Ceros
- Work closely with Product Managers on targeted research and user testing as part of roadmap development and execution
- Drive and coordinate early access/beta programs and customer working groups/forums
- Strengthen our customer and stakeholder feedback loops
Go To Market, Release Planning & Enablement
- Develop GTM framework for new product features and services
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, sales, customer success, and marketing teams to orchestrate launch of new products into market
- Evolve and enhance our pricing and packaging strategies
- Develop messaging/positioning, sales talk-tracks, customer presentations, case studies, and other collateral for new and existing products
- Develop sales training materials and orchestrate & execute field training
- Provide strategic support to demand generation, corporate marketing, field teams, and the sales organization
- In partnership with enablement teams, lead the strategy and execution of sales enablement programs and tools:
- Create core product messaging and positioning and target personas
- Build and maintain core product collateral, feature briefs, demos, customer release notes
- Provide training on new product capabilities to client facing teams and customers
- Highlight key differentiators and opportunities across multiple geographies and verticals
- Develop additional outbound product communications including webinars, PR, and editorial content
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure existing website and marketing materials reflect new go-to-market tactics and positioning
- Participate in development of session content for industry or customer conferences
- Be comfortable as a product spokesperson
Practical stuff we anticipate you having
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience; MBA preferred but not required
- Minimum 10 years’ product marketing experience at a SaaS company
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading and growing product marketing teams
- Ability to translate technical details for a non-technical audience
- Relentless focus on direct and indirect customer interaction to understand and synthesize customer needs and pain points
- You must be an effective storyteller and prolific content creator
- Strong analytical abilities to develop insights by combining sales and marketing data with data from other sources
- Ability to collaborate with multiple internal organizations, including sales and product management to drive company success; Must be a team player who works well with executives as well as peers
- Preference for a fast-paced environment
What we’re looking for from the heart
- Passion, enthusiasm, energy, humor, team player mentality and the ability to convey this through communication and presentation skills
- Intellectually curious; you want to understand everything about our customers & market opportunity
- Comfortable working in a complex and ever-changing environment
- Strong network of contacts and excellent communication skills – confidence to build relationships at all levels
Key things to know
- This is a remote first role but will require ability to work across time zones when needed and travel periodically for team meet-ups, client visits, and industry conferences; Chief Marketing Officer is located in Seattle
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Premium health insurance
- 401K match
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation days
- Wellness Fridays (Half Day Fridays)
- Excellent gear (Macbook Air, external monitor, etc.)
- Stipend for WFH set-up
- Growth and learning opportunities
- Virtual experiences in which Cerosians can collaborate, educate, and create social connections with one another
At Ceros, we are deeply committed to the recruitment, retention, and growth of diverse talent; uniting people from unique backgrounds in our shared passion for unlocking creativity through technology.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.