Senior Content Writer
ShipperHQ is a bootstrapped startup located in Austin, TX making a big impact in the ecommerce shipping space. Our SaaS product, ShipperHQ, launched in 2015 and is growing quickly. We are the shipping Headquarters for online retailers, transforming the industry by enabling business owners to differentiate themselves from major players like Amazon with our premier shipping experience platform. We sell to clients large and small around the world and have partnerships with the leading ecommerce platform providers such as Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento | Adobe Commerce, and we’re partnered with over 50+ carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and Kuehne & Nagel. We have a fantastic reputation and are recognized for our high-quality service.
About the Role:
The Senior Content Writer will report to the Sr. Director of Marketing and will work closely with our social media manager and a fast-paced team of marketers and designers to help tell ShipperHQ’s story.
Our ideal candidate is an ambitious learner who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and craft engaging messaging for social media, partner emails, sales collateral, case studies, webinars, eguides, and more to bring a variety of partner programs to life and to elevate the brand within our partnership communities.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Know our partners intimately, and craft engaging and original partner-specific content across channels.
- Develop collateral to support partner marketing programs including social copy, emails, 1-sheeters, sales decks, training materials, scripts for podcasts/webinars, etc.
- Manage the partner social events calendar and the details around ShipperHQ’s involvement.
- Thoroughly research buyer personas, needs, and pain points and identify relevant topics, industry trends, and best practices.
- Audit existing partner content and collateral and work with the marketing team to devise a plan to update content to support the refreshed value propositions and brand messaging.
- Practice brand consistency in copy through tone, voice, and terminology.
- Develop design briefs and collaborate with designers to ensure content is concise and relevant.
- Assist with any other general marketing tasks and projects as needed including podcasts and events.
- Become an expert on our product and the shipping/ecommerce space.
- Report on partner social media campaigns, and other partnership marketing KPIs.
- 3+ years of experience writing credible marketing content in a SaaS, B2B, or agency environment.
- A degree in marketing, new media, public relations, communications, or business.
- A thorough understanding of social media.
- Very strong writing skills and experienced and efficient in crafting punchy content and social copy.
- Experience tailoring complex product and brand messaging to a variety of audiences.
- An ability to meet tight deadlines under pressure.
- An understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- A good understanding of social media KPIs.
- Great interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
Nice to Haves:
Familiarity with any of the following are highly beneficial for the role: WordPress, Drip (or other email builder tools), Google Analytics, Google Adwords, blogging, and lead gen.
- 22 days PTO in addition to public/company holidays
- 401k scheme, after 6 months
- Healthcare scheme where the company pays 50%, as well as Dental/Vision where the company pays 99%
- Work with a collaborative and motivated team with the ability to tie results in the organization directly to your actions.
- This is a full-time position based in our Austin, TX office, which is currently remote. We plan to return to the office in some capacity once it’s safe to do so.
- Compensation is based on experience.
At ShipperHQ, we’re proud to be a team that’s as diverse as the merchants we serve. As a member of the ecommerce community, we take our responsibility to empower shops large and small to grow and thrive through the power of technology to heart. With honesty, responsiveness, and innovation at the center of all we do, we remain committed to hiring the right people for the job, regardless of race, background, religion, or eccentricity.
Due to COVID-19 our entire company is working from home. Once these restrictions are lifted, we will be returning to our Austin office.
Your application has been successfully submitted.