Director of Marketing, Optimization and Analytics
Art of Problem Solving (AoPS) develops educational opportunities for many of the most eager students in the world. Since 2003, we have trained tens of thousands of the country’s top students, including nearly all the members of the US International Math Olympiad team, through our online school, learning centers, textbooks, and online learning systems. Over the years, our international online community of advanced problem-solvers has grown to over 700,000 members. While our primary focus has been math for most of our history, we have started expanding into new subjects, such as language arts, science, and computer science.
We are searching for an insatiably curious and data-driven optimization analyst with a strong testing success record to help drive K-12 student enrollment for our online math programs. Art of Problem Solving has successfully prepared more than 500,000 students to succeed at the most prestigious universities, and with your help, we hope to reach the next 5,000,000!
This might be the job for you if…
You’re a marketing analytics enthusiast who loves living knee-deep in data and are looking to build out world-class marketing optimization operations at a leading e-commerce D2C education company - testing, optimizing, and reporting across our website, email, and performance marketing channels to continually improve our cost-per-acquisition rates by 3%, 5%, 8% and 30% at a time.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Drive customer acquisition and increased LTV through a structured experimentation process, including hypothesis development, experiment design, implementation oversight, and test conclusion.
- Build out our marketing attribution reporting system and KPI dashboards, and perform advanced full-funnel analysis for better marketing channel spend allocation
- Prepare performance-marketing results and recommendation reports using channel-specific dashboards, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and our proprietary marketing attribution dashboards
- Search out potential customer roadblocks and friction across the customer journey (using tools like Google Analytics and HotJar) and work to develop testable CRO solutions
- Develop systematic messaging, creative and audience segmentation testing strategies across advertising platforms (Facebook Ads, Google Adwords) and our email service provider (ActiveCampaign)
- Manage our paid media specialist, providing strategic ad-buying mentorship and analytical coaching
- Partner with the development team on back-end integrations and to ensure transaction-level and user-level tagging by marketing source for full data visibility
- Manage our tags and triggers in Google Tag Manager
- Analyze website traffic and e-commerce KPIs to determine UX issues and opportunities
- Maintain AoPS-specific best practice documentation to memorialize and scale test learnings across all of our programs
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, quantitative, statistics, or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in analytics, optimization, or CRO role
- Paid media management experience
- Can demonstrate success record and portfolio of improving a website and broader marketing performance
- Strong quantitative skills with the ability to comprehensively report on ecommerce marketing KPIs and sales funnels
- Experience with conversion rate optimization (CRO) tools such as Google Optimize
- Experience with data visualization tools like Google Data Studio. Bonus points for programming language (Python, R, SQL) experience.
- Experience with SEO (search engine optimization)
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and research skills
Please note that employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Perks and Benefits:
This full-time position will be based at our headquarters in San Diego, CA. However, we are primarily working remotely until it is safe to go back to the office. Some benefits of the position include:
- Casual work environment
- Flexible schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K plan with company match
- Year-end bonus based on individual and company performance
- Relocation bonus (if currently located outside of San Diego)
Please note that in order to be considered for this position you must be legally authorized to work in the US. We are unable to offer sponsorship.
Your application has been successfully submitted.