Paid Marketing Manager
Art of Problem Solving (AoPS) develops educational opportunities for many of the most eager students in the world. Since 2003, we have trained tens of thousands of the country’s top students, including nearly all the members of the US International Math Olympiad team, through our online school, learning centers, textbooks, and online learning systems. Over the years, our international online community of advanced problem-solvers has grown to over 700,000 members. While our primary focus has been math for most of our history, we have started expanding into new subjects, such as language arts, science, and computer science.
We are searching for an insatiably curious, creative, and data-driven e-commerce marketer with a strong paid social, PPC track record and strong marketing analytics chops to help drive K-12 student enrollment for our online math programs.
This might be the job for you if…
You’re part operator, part analyst, and love spending your days deep in the channel-weeds, managing, testing, and optimizing our paid campaigns to find the perfect performance marketing formulas of channels, bids, audiences, messaging, and creativity to continually improve our customer acquisition costs by 3%, 5%, 8% and 30% at a time.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Build, manage, and continuously optimize our paid e-commerce marketing channels and campaigns (Facebook, Google AdWords, and more) with $2 million+ in annual spend
- Continuously optimize ad campaign components through systematic messaging, creative and audience segmentation A/B testing strategies
- Find new customers as efficiently as possible through a masterful understanding and endless experimentation within Facebook’s advertising ecosystem
- Optimize high-intent customer interest through Google AdWords, Google Shopping, and Google Display Network ads
- Conduct in-depth keyword research for paid media optimization
- Collaborate on creative optimization (design + copy) with in-house marketing content studio team
- Leverage Google Analytics to review and evaluate paid traffic performance
- Investigate and experiment with advertising pilots on new channels, always searching for our most efficient spend opportunities
- Prepare performance-marketing results and recommendation reports using channel-specific dashboards, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and our proprietary marketing attribution dashboards
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- 3+ years e-commerce marketing experience managing paid search and social campaigns (>$20k/month)
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of paid marketing channels, targeting, and capabilities (Google AdWords, Facebook, Instagram, and more)
- Strong quantitative skills with the ability to comprehensively report on e-commerce marketing KPIs and sales funnels
- Can demonstrate success record and portfolio of improving paid social and PPC performance
- Strong written communication skills to effectively collaborate with subject matter experts and teams across the organization
- Google Analytics power user
- CRO experience preferred
Please note that employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Perks and Benefits:
This full-time position will be based at our headquarters in San Diego, CA. However, we are primarily working remotely until it is safe to go back to the office. Some benefits of the position include:
- Casual work environment
- Flexible schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K plan with company match
- Year-end bonus based on individual and company performance
- Relocation bonus (if currently located outside of San Diego)
Please note that in order to be considered for this position you must be legally authorized to work in the US. We are unable to offer sponsorship.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.