Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work, and communication together in one place where it belongs, so even if the firm has to work remotely, they're all together online.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Nelson (NZ) and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact. Learn more about us at karbonhq.com.
Karbon is hiring a Marketing Coordinator to join the team in Australia, New Zealand, or the United States. This person will assist in some areas and own others, working with a great team to execute a broad strategy and play a significant role in driving our next phase of growth.
About this role
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is driven to learn, grow, and expand their skillset quickly, and will ultimately develop into an exceptional marketing leader. You will help execute a broad marketing strategy covering a range of activities across content, social, events, webinars, advertising, product marketing, email marketing, and more.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Marketing automation — we use a wide range of apps and systems (in particular, Pardot and Salesforce) to execute our marketing strategy, and you'll work across all of them, finding new ways to automate and improve the efficiency of our processes
- Webinar and podcast management — we run multiple webinars and podcast episodes every week, and you will be responsible for planning, creating, promoting, coordinating guests, and following up with each one
- Social Media management and coordination — you will assist in the publishing of content as well as community engagement and follow-up
- Content marketing — assisting with coordinating the content roadmap, writing your own material, editing others' work, publishing, distributing, and planning out the puzzle
- Event management — we have a busy calendar of events that needs to be planned, organized, and executed - some of these events are Karbon-owned and others are sponsorship efforts that will require engaging with organizers
- Email marketing — from personalized drip and nurture campaigns to monthly newsletters, you will help us reach potential customers through thoughtfully-crafted communication
- Working with global teams — you will help execute campaigns across four different countries and time zones
- Various other activities across the marketing mix — there won't be many days that look the same!
You're the right person for this role if:
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience in a marketing, communications, writing, or event management role managing any or all of the responsibilities listed above
- You love writing — you're great with words, you believe in content marketing, you can get a point across in a sucinct and concise manner, and can adapt to write for different audiences (and genuinely enjoy it)
- You possess unparalleled attention to detail, especially while multitasking — you will be doing a lot of things at the same time and you need to be able to flawlessly execute each one of them
- You show a proven ability to multitask (see above) and are a team player that can successfully build relationships and work with our Product, Design, and Sales teams in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States
- You not only understand social media, you live and breathe it
- You love working with technology — we use an unusually large number of apps and tools to get our work done; some you'll know and others you won't, so you need to be a quick learner when it comes to tech
- You are eager to learn and grow, hungry to make things happen, can listen to feedback, and enjoy a good laugh
- You take initiative, have a "can-do" attitude, and the ability to take ownership of responsibilities
- You are passionate about finding new ways to execute ideas through different channels — you need to understand and, more importantly, love marketing
- You have a degree of some sort — if so, that's great, but not essential. We aren't looking for someone with theoretical skills, it's your attitude that we care most about
Why work at Karbon?
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product
- Competitive salary
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Be part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work environment (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position
Your application has been successfully submitted.