Interested in working for Canada’s 4th fastest growing tech company as named by Profit 500?! Maropost is looking for a SEO Manager to join our team in Toronto. If you want to work with other brilliant people in an extraordinary work culture and are eager to learn (and have fun) along the way, then Maropost is the place for you!
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the SEO Manager will play an essential role in building, leading and refining our global SEO strategy. Your primary objective is to take Maropost to the forefront in a very competitive search-driven category, and increase traffic, conversions and ultimately revenue from organic search.
- Own the SEO strategy: design and implement SEO programs (technical, on-page, off-page) and report on results.
- Set strategy and then put the strategy into action. You are an expert when it comes to getting into content, code, software, analytics.
- Execute SEO audits, backlink audits and cleanup, metadata optimization, content analysis and upgrades, location analysis and landing pages, Google Search Console audit and optimization recommendations, keyword analysis, prospecting and link building outreach
- Be an excellent project manager: create and manage the SEO roadmap and ensure projects are delivered on time and achieve desired results.
- Conduct keyword research and write SEO content briefs to guide the content team and writers
- Optimize on-page content including the website, landing pages, blog + execute off-page optimization projects (e.g., link-building) and build relationships with other companies, brands, and bloggers when it comes to pitching contributed content
- Collect data and report on traffic, rankings, and other SEO KPIs (click rate, bounce rate, etc.) and build reports indicating KPI performance and results as they pertain to SEO campaigns
- Stay on top of the latest SEO trends such as algorithms and best practices change. As our SEO champion, you'll be responsible for keeping the marketing team informed on the latest in SEO.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering SEO plans and strategies in fast paced businesses, building projects to rank for highly competitive keywords
- Experience with relevant tools (e.g., Semrush), web analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Search Console) and CMS (WordPress)
- Proven experience designing and implementing a Youtube SEO strategy
- Fundamental understanding of underlying product technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Deep knowledge of SEO best practices, and experience working with SEO teams
- Experience with content writing and editing, and a keen attention to detail
- Understanding of crawling, rendering, indexation and structured data
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes
Equal Employment Opportunist:
Maropost is deeply committed to promoting diversity, advancing equity and fostering a culture of inclusion. Therefore, we invite applications from marginalized and equity-seeking groups. Individuals seeking employment at Maropost are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Your application has been successfully submitted.