SEO Manager (Remote within Canada)
We are looking for an experienced SEO Manager to join our Demand Generation team and support Rewind’s upcoming plans to be the only service your business needs to protect its valuable data!
Rewind is a service that protects the data that is driving your business, from a simple side hustle to a successful venture. Our focus is on backing up data that lives in the cloud – in apps like Shopify, BigCommerce, and QuickBooks Online. We invite you to read our startup story to learn where we came from and where we’re going. For a more technical view, check out our Behind the App feature on the BigCommerce Developers Blog.
We care about honesty, we believe in learning from our mistakes, and we support each other as we grow.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, the SEO role will join the Demand Generation Team to develop, execute, and maintain SEO programs that will fuel Rewind’s continued growth.
This role involves collaboration with the product marketing, content, and growth teams to ensure that SEO programs will support the objectives of multiple departments
- Developing, executing, and optimizing Rewind’s SEO strategy across all web properties (website, app stores, video, etc) in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Defining website-level optimization, such as improving site structure, page construction, metadata, internal linking, and alt tags.
- Conducting keyword research to guide content production and collaborating with the content team to optimize briefs and projects.
- Preparing backlink audits and fixing errors found in Google Search Console and other platforms like Ahrefs.
- Directing technical teams to optimize website performance
- Supporting weekly and monthly reporting of channel metrics, goals, and other KPIs, such as Search Visibility, Site Health, Domain Authority, and Keyword Growth.
- Other duties assigned by your manager
About you :
- 5+ years of SEO experience, ideally within a SaaS environment
- High proficiency with SEO tools, website standards, usability testing, website reporting tools, and web analytics (ex. Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Ahrefs, SEM Rush, Screaming Frog)
- Working knowledge of WordPress and/or HTML/CSS
- Demonstrated results with organic search strategy, content strategy, and implementation
- A Passion for SEO. You are always a student who stays up to date on the industry, platforms, and trends.
- Strong data and analytics skills, with the ability to prove and adjust based on what is –or isn’t—working.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation with the ability to handle multiple tasks. An energetic and willing attitude to learn is a core principle of our team.
About our Hiring Process
You can expect us to be curious about who you are, what experiences you have gained to date and what you are looking for in your next opportunity. We know that you are selecting us as an employer just as much as we are inviting you to join our team. We will provide a series of opportunities for us to connect and for you to meet various members of our team. Please ask us questions and let us know how we can support you throughout our hiring process.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We don’t hire people to fill boxes - each new hire is an opportunity for us to augment our collective perspective and to make us a stronger team… and that is where you come in!
We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and supportive workplace where all of our teammates can bring their full and authentic selves to work... everyday. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we consider all applicants for employment and certainly invite those who identify as members of underrepresented communities to apply and join our team! And hey - we may not have a role available today that would be exciting to you, but we are growing fast and would love to have you join our talent community.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Protect Your Data. Protect Your Business.