Director of Marketing-Content Experience
The Director of Marketing-Content Experience, is a key leadership role to develop the content strategy for Clinical Effectiveness (CE) across all segments and markets. This includes understanding the market segments, personas, and buying behavior of CE’s target markets. This role will ensure the CE content strategy is effectively supporting the buyer journey, key personas, and achieve multi-objective results across thought leadership, demand generation, and customer retention. The Director of Marketing-Content Experience director will also manage the content creation team and drive operations of the CE content function, building a strong culture of accountability and impact. Team includes content creation, content production, content operations, and agency partners.
The ideal candidate will quickly develop a deep understanding of our solutions messages to effectively communicate their impact and value.
**This person for this role can be Remote and based anywhere in the US**
Essential Duties and responsibilities
The Director of Marketing-Content Experience will think creatively and critically to lead the strategy and creation of content assets to support Marketing programs and campaigns. This person will visualize and manage the content creation process, including adherence to our Workfront project management process; estimation of resource needs and schedules; oversight of project prioritization.
• Content strategy: Develop a persona-driven content strategy to support all stages of the buyer's journey and localize it appropriately across market segments and global markets. Work closely with internal stakeholders to identify strategic messages and themes for development. Serve as lead on new and evolving content capabilities, and work with a matrix of partners to facilitate execution of initiatives.
Content delivery: Plan and deliver content program within agreed milestones and resourcing
• Digital/Social Media Strategy: Demonstrate a deep understanding of digital and social marketing strategies and techniques (lead generation, nurture, account-based marketing, awareness, etc.) to ensure development of appropriate content touchpoints.
• Measurement/Analytics: Establish KPIs and generate a reporting program to demonstrate content effectiveness. Collaborate with marketing leaders to make data-driven decisions for improving content performance.
•Management: Develop, lead and coach an expert team responsible for evolving content strategy and capabilities to enable content reuse, easy assembly and distribution of content across channels and customers. Maintain an environment that attracts and retains talented copywriters, content strategists, and storytellers. Manage external agencies.
• Competitive intelligence: Perform regular audits of the content and messaging produced by our competitors and adjust existing content strategy accordingly.
Manage third party vendors. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, journalism, public relations, or related field preferred, or equivalent experience required.
- MBA in marketing a plus.
- 10+ years’ experience in a Content Marketing or Marketing Communications role.
- 7+ years’ experience leading a content marketing team; agency experience a plus
- Experience as a leader and practitioner: editing, copywriting, scriptwriting, content strategy, market research, information architecture, SEO, and storytelling for video and websites.
- Strong digital acumen with a deep understanding of digital marketing tools and techniques
- Exceptional presentation, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent team management and leadership skills.
- Proven project management and time management skills
- MS Office; intermediate to advanced level skills with Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Healthcare or pharmaceuticals experience a plus.
In addition to being an outstanding communicator, you will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal, creative and analytical skills.
Comfortable with 10% travel.
Normal office environment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.