Perpetua's mission is to give superpowers to anyone that sells online by building best in class eCommerce advertising products. At the moment, we help agencies, brands, and sellers win on Amazon, Instacart, Walmart, and Target by analyzing large amounts of data and using AI to develop smart optimization algorithms that drive transformational sales growth for our clients.
We are currently looking for an excellent communicator and strategic thinker to join our marketing team as a Content Writer.
If you have a passion for telling compelling stories and creating valuable content that taps into existing industry moments and movements, this is the role for you! We’re looking for someone to help scale our blog with awesome, relevant, and educational content that can communicate the value of eCommerce advertising to our audience, using copywriting to build credibility, thought leadership and convert readers into Perpetua customers.
You'll be successful in this role if you can rise above and connect the dots between macro themes and Perpetua's value proposition. Our website traffic will increase and advertisers will want to reference and share your content. If you have experience with ghost writing or SEO, that’s a major bonus!
So what will you do as a content writer?
- Write. Write. Write ✍️
- Pitch, create, and edit high-quality, engaging and educational content for the Perpetua blog and other publications about eCommerce and advertising best practices and strategies
- Craft executive thought leadership by periodically conducting interviews both inside and out of Perpetua, building relationships with influential people in our industry and credibility for our brand
- Research SEO keywords and optimize blog posts for organic traffic
- Write and edit copy for various Perpetua properties (website, landing pages, emails) according to brand voice and guidelines
- Write video scripts for various Youtube video series that connect back to key themes and topics
- 3+ years experience as a journalist or writer; creating, writing, and editing engaging online content (articles, blog posts, landing pages, web copy, newsletters, social media, etc)
- You're a passionate storyteller: you can translate complex or abstract ideas into clear and engaging communications
- Experience working with subject matter experts and helping them craft content, or ghost writing on their behalf from interviews and planning sessions
- Demonstrated experience working with a cross-functional team
Bonus points if:
- You have working knowledge and comfort working in Contentful (or other CMS platforms), Pardot, and Instapage a plus
- You have a solid understanding of SEO and its role in content writing and know how to ideate and craft a content piece around a specific keyword while still ensuring the content is high-quality and provides value
- You have eCommerce advertising domain expertise, or
- You have a strong and strategic understanding of the eCommerce and advertising landscape
- You have been at a company that's scaled from $10 --> $100 million ARR in 3 years
About the Company (Benefits):
- Owned by Ascential - a global leader in advertising and analytics, listed on the London Stock Exchange
- Work that will have a significant impact on the trajectory of the company
- Meaningful equity at an early stage company
- Ground floor opportunity
- Catered lunches from Toronto's best restaurants
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Full benefits plus a health spending account
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
- Flexible time off policy
At Perpetua, we are dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team perform better and enables us to build an outstanding product for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Growth Infrastructure for eCommerce