Director of Marketing, Demand Generation
Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders--global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands--to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
About the Role
As Director of Marketing, Demand Generation you will be responsible for the strategy and execution of marketing campaigns that ensure Community’s growth and revenue goals are met. Extensive experience in demand generation tactics including digital (search, social) and offline (direct mail, out of home, TV) advertising, account based marketing, content marketing, and lifecycle marketing is required.
You will partner closely with cross-functional marketing and sales teams and report into the Vice President of Marketing. The Community marketing team focuses on building our brand, acquiring users, and creating compelling content and campaigns that reach both prospective and existing customers. The marketing team encompasses product marketing, content marketing, sales and go-to-market, partner marketing, creative, and more. This is a unique opportunity to be a foundational player as we build and grow a world-class marketing team.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and lead the demand generation and growth marketing strategy with the goal of generating qualified leads, growing the sales pipeline, and contributing to revenue growth.
- Create and execute demand generation campaigns to increase traffic and qualified leads across channels including SEO, paid lead generation, account based marketing, content syndication, lifecycle marketing, webinars, and more.
- Develop comprehensive reporting and analysis in partnership with our Business Operations team including attribution to optimize and drive campaigns to success.
- Identify new opportunities including marketing and sales automation, working with relevant teams to implement new technologies and processes.
- Optimize our marketing and sales funnel with a testing of landing pages, site optimizations, lead scoring, and more in partnership with sales, product and engineering teams.
- Build and manage a team of internal employees, freelancers, and external agencies.
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years B2B marketing experience, preferably at a SaaS or high technology business.
- Proven track record of success in initiatives that have scaled businesses and led to measurable MRR growth.
- Strong understanding of marketing funnels, SMB and Enterprise selling, and an ability to identify growth opportunities within different stages of the funnel.
- Data-driven and analytical approach, with hands-on experience implementing and leveraging marketing software like Salesforce, Marketo, Demandbase, Google Analytics, and more.
- Creative thinking and an ability to craft marketing campaigns that tell a compelling story by using strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills, ability to earn trust and respect of peers and employees.
- A player-coach mentality: you’re prepared to roll up your sleeves in a startup environment, but have experience operating and building/following processes within a growth-stage company.
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class - in everything we do.
Your application has been successfully submitted.