Senior Product Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Product Marketing Manager (Remote within Canada)
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team and be responsible for making our products “fly-off the shelf.”
Rewind is a service that protects the data that is driving your business, from a simple side hustle to a successful venture. Our focus is on backing up data that lives in the cloud – in apps like Shopify, BigCommerce, and QuickBooks Online. We invite you to read our startup story to learn where we came from and where we’re going. For a more technical view, check out our Behind the App feature on the BigCommerce Developers Blog.
We care about honesty, we believe in learning from our mistakes, and we support each other as we grow.
About the Job
This role is not about doing demos or presenting product features (although these may sometimes occur). Rather, this role is the glue that binds our product to the strategies and tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You are the steel thread that builds go-to-market strategies and executes product launches.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our marketing, partner and sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with the demand generation and communications teams, to develop innovative programs that drive continued demand. The ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems is critical to success. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers, partners and sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
You can also expect to:
- Conduct Market Intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who they are, how they buy and their key buying cWhyriteria.
- Understand and document our buyer’s journey, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing to develop product positioning, messaging and content that resonates with our target buyer personas.
- Develop marketing programs for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products, features and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- We’re looking for candidates with 5-7 years experience for this role. You should have been doing this or similar work in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar go-to-market during this time.
- You have a background in B2C and B2B marketing, preferably with experience in either consumer apps/technologies, early-stage startups, Experience working with product teams to define product strategy.
- You have strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills in positioning, messaging and narrative story telling.
- You have a customer obsession, maybe even customer obsessed.
- You are comfortable in a face-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
- You have the ability to stay highly organized while managing multiple projects and priorities.
- As a remote role, having communication and collaboration skills are critical.
- You are excited to join a fast moving and rapidly growing company.
- Understanding the e-Commerce industry/landscape.
About our Hiring Process
You can expect us to be curious about who you are, what experiences you have gained to date and what you are looking for in your next opportunity. We know that you are selecting us as an employer just as much as we are inviting you to join our team. We will provide a series of opportunities for us to connect and for you to meet various members of our team. Please ask us questions and let us know how we can support you throughout our hiring process.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We don’t hire people to fill boxes - each new hire is an opportunity for us to augment our collective perspective and to make us a stronger team… and that is where you come in!
We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and supportive workplace where all of our teammates can bring their full and authentic selves to work... everyday. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we consider all applicants for employment and certainly invite those who identify as members of underrepresented communities to apply and join our team! And hey - we may not have a role available today that would be exciting to you, but we are growing fast and would love to have you join our talent community.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Protect Your Data. Protect Your Business.