Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing @ HR/Recruiting Tech Startup
San Francisco, CA
Hustle Hunters is partnering with this company on it’s search.
- We are creating a new category of data-driven hiring, focused on data infrastructure that closes the loop between recruiting and post-hire outcomes
- Fresh funding from top-tier investors like YC, Accel, and Founders Fund
- Fast-growing team tackling an initial $150B market opportunity with a category-defining product
- 77 NPS with customers like Zapier, Udemy, and Coda
- Women-led and mission-driven company, founders are Forbes 30U30 with backgrounds from Stanford, Uber, Google, and McKinsey
- Opportunity for meaningful ownership, leadership, and autonomy
We are looking for a leader to:
- Create a category for our data-driven offering - differentiated from the ATS, interview workflows, reference management, and other platforms in the talent acquisition landscape
- Build our brand, messaging, and product positioning that establishes us as a thought leader in equitable, data-driven hiring
- Prioritize, execute, and iterate on marketing campaigns to validate messaging and support GTM efforts (i.e. landing page optimization, content marketing, long form SEO, paid ads, conferences, partner marketing)
- Represent us as our chief evangelist at events and on social media channels
Suggested reading: What to expect in a startup marketing role
You probably have:
- Prior experience building a category, brand strategy, positioning
- 4-8 years of functional experience in marketing wearing hats in product marketing + content marketing + growth marketing, with a strong spike in product marketing
- Prior experience at a Series A to C startup
- Nice to have: experience hiring and managing a team
- Self-starter and fast learner, especially in ambiguity
- Creative and resourceful
- Loves wearing different hats
- "A complete impatience" to get things done
- Sharp at problem solving, critical thinking, and systems thinking - balanced in intuition and data-driven decision making
- Exceptional communicator, uses the language of our users to make the complex simple
- Initial Screen (30 min) (Founder)
- Interview (30 min) (Founder)
- Case Study Presentation (45 min case study w/ team member + 30 min with Marketing Advisor)
- Invite your references using our platform
- Team Interview (2.5 hrs) (Full Team)
- Final Interviews (2 hrs)
More about us
Companies with the best talent win. But the way that companies hire hasn’t changed in decades, and recruiting as a core business function has been largely left behind by technology innovations in other functions like sales, customer success, marketing, etc. Job descriptions are still written in silo-ed documents, recruiting metrics end at time-to-fill instead of quality-of-hire, and we have a devastating diversity problem. While these are big challenges, we see a huge opportunity to own a ton of whitespace in the recruiting tech landscape.
Our full-cycle talent platform gives companies the right data and infrastructure to assess candidates and scale winning cultures.
- Remote through Nov 2021
- Located out of the San Francisco, CA office beyond Sep 2021 with hybrid in-person and remote work
- Weekly team dinners (remote) sponsored by the company
- Salary range $170-220k
- Significant Equity
- 401(k), Unlimited PTO, Health Insurance (100% paid premiums)
What Hybrid Work Means to Us
We are a fast-paced, tight-knit team that enjoys quality time working synchronously during core business hours. We have a PDX office and will have a SF office by EOY2021. We encourage team members to come into the office 2-3 times a week.
Diverse and Inclusive Employer
We’re committed to providing equal treatment and opportunity to all applicants at every stage of the hiring cycle and throughout their life at the company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status.
Note: Research says men tend to apply even if they only meet ~60% of the job qualifications, whereas women and other marginalized groups are hesitant to do so. If you don’t match 100% of the job qualifications but think you’d be a great fit, we encourage you to apply!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Startup recruiting that centers equity