Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing Manager @ LegalTech Startup
Location: Up to You! — Office (SF or LA) or Remote (West Coast preferred)
Hustle Hunters is partnering with our client on this hire.
About our mission:
We all waste a staggering amount of time (~33%) because we have no idea where we are spending it. Worse yet, we continue to operate in a factory model that simply does not apply to creative work. Our big bet is that by understanding time, we’ll be able to move away from it as a unit of value. In the future knowledge economy (lawyers, accountants, engineers), contributions will be assessed on value added, not the underlying time spent adding it.
Ambitious mission to say the least, so where are we starting? We have created a new market category called Time Automation that automates the timekeeping process for professionals and allows us to collect time data at scale. Before our solution, professionals had to manually record every six minutes of their day into antiquated timekeeping software. Not anymore.
We are a Series B company that has assembled some of the best builders, designers, and product minds in tech — and we all have one thing in common: we are deeply motivated by our mission to return time.
We need to find like-minded colleagues who want to join us on our journey and are willing to spend their time solving time. It will be a long road but if we’re even half right, we’ll change the way work is measured and performed forever.
We’re looking for our very first Product Marketing Manager to join our team and help us convey our value in ways that inspire others to take up our cause as their own! In this role, you’ll work on a variety of initiatives to educate prospects and customers about how our solution can increase timekeeper happiness, grow firm revenue, and delight firm clients. As a founding member of the Marketing team, you’ll have a huge impact as you help shape our go-to-market strategy. This is a full-time position located in the US, ideally in SF or LA but open to any location.
In the first few months, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of our target audience and customers through research and engage with users and prospects regularly, building compelling buyer personas to shape all marketing and sales messaging.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, customer success, and product to build and evangelize relevant messaging, positioning, and go-to-market strategies to drive awareness, pipeline, and revenue growth.
- Create effective marketing collateral (e.g., webinars, blogs, whitepapers) and sales enablement assets (e.g., pitch decks, cheat sheets, demo scripts) to support go-to-market efforts.
- Collaborate with our content agency to ensure content is in line with our positioning, brand, and performance goals.
- Take the lead on new product and feature launches, creating compelling product messaging and content.
- Own the marketing website, including content and copy.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you'll bring experience and knowledge that will uplevel the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1. You'll have time to develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects of our company and team.
Going forward, you will:
- Act as business partner to and collaborate with the product team to develop business value messaging of technical capabilities of our solution.
- Develop and execute launch plans for new product features or initiatives, working closely with product, sales, and customer success.
- Coordinate user and competitive research—both qualitative and quantitative—to better understand our users and competitive landscape, and then turn those results into actionable insights.
- Drive awareness, consideration, and understanding of new capabilities through multi-channel campaigns (both owned and paid), from strategy to execution.
- Partner internally and externally to support growth marketing objectives, including showcasing our products at events and via content creation and influencer activations.
- You are customer-centric. You have a proven track record of marketing to B2B audiences, and you are passionate about technology and articulating how technology can accomplish their goals.
- You are a storyteller. You have excellent communication skills, both for internal audiences and customer-facing messaging.
- You have the ability to manage with influence. You like collaborating cross-functional with the product, design, sales, and customer success teams.
- You have strong analytical skills with demonstrated capabilities interpreting data/qualitative research and distilling into actionable key takeaways.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment. You have extraordinary prioritization ability and drive to meet tight deadlines. You are a positive self-starter who loves to build programs from scratch, and are willing to roll-up your sleeves and get things done!
- At least 5 years of experience in a marketing function, preferably product marketing, in the software as a service (SaaS) or legal technology industry.
- Authorization to work in the United States; please note that at this time, we is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- Proven technical aptitude.
- Nice to have: You have a technical degree, MBA, and/or a JD.
- This role can be done fully remote or from one of our offices (Los Angeles or San Francisco, California)
- Salary in the $160k range (DOE)
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Equity in our company
- Best in class (continually adjusting to be there) wellness, vacation, sick time to ensure employee health and well being (we value sanctity of time)
We welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment, free from discrimination or harassment, for all employees.
If you’re interested in joining us on our mission to return time, then we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t perfectly match every single bullet on the job description. We hope you spend your time solving time for the world.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Startup recruiting that centers equity