Senior Content Marketing Manager
Synthace is seeking a Sr. Content Marketing Manager to own all facets of content marketing strategy from conceptualization to execution and reporting. You will oversee all things content— ideation, curation, creation, and execution.The Content Marketing Manager will work with marketing, product, lab, customer success and sales teams to identify content marketing opportunities that educate and provide value to Synthace’s audiences and position Synthace as a thought leader in the eyes of R&D life scientists in every lab. This role reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
Lead the development and implementation of a robust content marketing engine that elevates brand visibility and lead engagement with the life science R&D community. This role is an integral part of Synthace’s Marketing team—whose goals are to accelerate Synthace’s brand awareness, establish the company as the de facto Life Sciences R&D category leader, and generate pipeline to support growth.
- Develop and execute an effective B2B content marketing strategy that powers lead generation through SEO, establishes thought leadership, customer engagement, and sales demand from our key personas
- Take a deeply customer-centric approach to create compelling content for each of our segments and buyer personas, while optimizing for SEO
- Act as Managing Editor to develop and manage Synthace’s editorial calendar, champion professional copy standards and brand, across the customer lifecycle
- Develop brand tone of voice to inform all of Synthace’s written copy, including its website, blogs, articles, social media messages, emails, etc.
- Create and measure the content strategy based on a deep understanding of customer needs (insight), market trends (research), product functionality(roadmap), and competitive forces
- Drive and manage all design processes with the brand design team related to the collateral you create
- Work closely with product, in-house scientists, sales and customer success to contribute to campaign development, sales enablement assets and overall marketplace awareness of Synthace
- Manage freelance writers to create a scalable content production process that balances quality and creativity with agility and speed to market
- Implement an efficient content development process that maximizes resource capacity
- Develop and manage metrics-based performance analysis and contribute to continuous testing of content efficacy
- Map content delivery against the entire identified customer buying journey
- Create a framework that drives the decision-making process as it relates to content development
- Identify new opportunities through A/B testing content assets such as landing pages, email campaigns, messaging, etc. Take an iterative approach to generate repeatable processes and success
- Design a comprehensive content repository to map, house, and serialize content based on current and future goals and objectives
- Establish performance goals using an insight-based approach to content optimization and planning
What kind of person are we looking for in this role? The person who will be successful in this role will embody many, if not all, of the following.
- Be an exceptional storyteller and inbound marketing content producer.
- Have proven ability to set a strategy, influence buy-in from multiple stakeholders, and activate for flawless execution against a plan.
- Be motivated to understand the challenges and ambitions of our customers, our product offering, and evolving market trends.
- Be adept at multitasking. You can prioritize and deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking and innovation.
- Be a self starter and a master collaborator.
Now that we’ve told you what the job looks like, here’s what we're looking for in a candidate.
- 3+ years of content marketing experience at a B2B technology and/or biotech company
- Former editorial role or a journalist a plus!
- A proven track record of measuring content effectiveness throughout the funnel
- Experience with data analysis tools such as Google Analytics and various content and SEO analysis tools
- Strong project management and communications skills to effectively manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, and drive alignment and execution across groups
- Excellent persuasive written and verbal communications skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills
- Social media savvy desired
- Be a change-agent who is comfortable both crafting and executing your vision
- Strong operational mindset to manage and monitor individual and team tasks and deadlines
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects while working cross functionally to meet both short-term and long-term goals
- Analytical abilities needed to gather and analyze key insights and metrics. Apply these findings to create a long-term vision to scale the content marketing program.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to communicate horizontally and vertically across the organization
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Enabling Life Sciences the way it should be done