Director, Demand Generation
We are seeking a demand generation expert to join our team as Demand Generation Director. In this role, you’ll be responsible for delivering measurable value from marketing programs by working cross-functionally with the sales, marketing, and customer success organizations at SmartHop to create a scalable revenue generation engine, including campaigns and reporting, driving the successful execution – and impact - of the plan across the customer lifecycle to achieve acquisition targets. You’ll also manage foundational pieces of the Growth Marketing organization. We are looking for a player-coach who not only executes in the trenches, but can also coach and develop an awesome team. You will build and maintain alignment and strengthen relationships across sales and marketing, as well as use our CRM, Marketing Automation, and Analytics platforms to provide transparency and quantitative analysis on results.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, passionate about driving high quality leads for the sales team, and influencing sales opportunities for rapid conversion into won deals.
Key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Lead the demand generation function to drive predictable, scalable, and repeatable pipeline and revenue through integrated paid and organic campaigns that span content marketing, events, paid advertising, email marketing, sponsorships, and more.
- Translate marketing objectives into clear demand generation strategies and programs that align with company goals.
- Own reporting and communication of marketing impact, while building a clear understanding of demand gen goals, success metrics and impact across the organization.
- Manage demand generation budget including monthly forecasts, return on investment analysis, and recommendations for optimization.
- Own the demand funnel by developing the correct scoring, in-product Call-To-Actions, conversion paths, nurturing, and routing practices in concert with Sales for an integrated approach that maximizes revenue contribution.
- Define and develop lead nurturing campaigns based on target buyer personas and real-time measurements based on lead quality and conversion.
- Partner and collaborate with the Marketing team to ensure consistent messaging across demand generation campaigns.
- Develop strong relationships with sales leaders and individual account executives to approach challenges collaboratively and align activities to sales team goals.
- Manage internal and external resources, and build and develop a world-class Demand Generation team over time.
What the candidate will need:
- 5+ years of proven experience working across B2B marketing teams to develop and execute revenue-driven marketing programs. Track record of hitting aggressive growth targets leveraging a diverse set of channels and innovative campaigns and tactics.
- Must have experience executing digital strategies and tactics to drive web traffic, lead conversion, and brand awareness.
- Customer centric and highly effective at leveraging data to improve decision making with a demonstrated analytical ability, specifically around program measurement and ROI.
- Deep experience with one or more marketing automation systems (i.e. Hubspot, Marketo), analytics and measurement tools, and CRM platforms (i.e. Salesforce, Hubspot) from a day to day operations and reporting perspective.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in an agile and deadline-driven environment.
- Fantastic communication skills with and a great track record of working collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- The desire to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Experience working with executive leadership and cross-functional teams.
Your application has been successfully submitted.