Visual Design & Brand Manager
A Little Bit About Us:
Balto was founded to redefine how humans and machines work together to optimize human communication, and we're just scratching the surface. If you're excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team initiating a technological revolution in Real-Time Guidance, Balto is for you.
More than just a company, Balto is a community, a community committed to empowering each of our members and serving our community. This mission is at the heart of our organization. As a Growth Marketing Manager, you will be perpetuating this mission by fueling the demand gen engine that drives revenue by formulating and executing strategies like paid campaigns, ABX, webinars, and your creative initiatives.
Balto's Real-Time Guidance understands phone conversations and tells people what to say, live in their conversations. In 2018, Balto guided fewer than 1 million conversations; today, Balto has guided over 50 million conversations (we celebrated with cake). By the end of this year, Balto will guide over 200M conversations.
Real-time Guidance is a brand new product category, and Balto is leading the pack. We're making sure that humans understand each other - the opportunities are endless.
Balto's customers, including name-brand retailers and Fortune 500s, use Balto's real-time guidance technology to scale "perfect" to thousands of sales and service agents with the push of a button and get immediate insight into what's working on their phone calls and what's not.
But enough about us, let's talk about you!
Here's What a Content & Audience Growth Manager Does
“There are three responses to a piece of design – yes, no, and WOW! Wow is the one to aim for.”
- Milton Glaser
Your mission is to help create beautiful, eye-catching content and develop Balto into a name brand.
We want to build our in-house version of Pentagram, Collins, and Design.Studio. You will help us build a social media presence, coming up with our illustrative styling, creating brand videos, and brainstorming out-of-the-box ideas.
You don’t have to be an expert in all of these. The most important things are your ability to make things look good and having a vision that you can communicate.
So what does it take to fulfill this crucial role?
We’re looking for a brand/design-obsessor. If you like to watch and analyze ads and get creative in your free time, this may be the role for you. You not only just appreciate strong branding but you think-
How did they make that? Who made that? How can I make something like that?
You enjoy spending time making sure the color scheme and fonts are cohesive and look great!
What kinds of responsibilities might you take on?
- Expand and solidify the Balto brand.
- Collaborate on concepts for campaign ads, branding, etc. You’ll create mood boards and briefs for videos, photoshoots, ads, etc.
- Fulfill design requests from various departments- Social media ads, slide decks, posters, banners, one-pagers, web designs, etc.
- Assist in managing the website.
- Help develop a better system for organizing assets, requests, workflow, etc.
Skills and Requirements
- Graphic Design skills- you know your way around Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Webflow, and Canva.
- Illustrations - when you're bored, you bust out Procreate.
- Passion for Branding & Identity- In school, you were the one to make the slide deck.
- Art Direction- You like to peruse Dribbble, Behance, Muzli, and other art portfolio sites.
- A natural eye for design.
We have plenty of benefits. Baltonians rave about these the most.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance to make quality healthcare affordable.
- Life insurance to protect your loved ones in the worst-case scenario.
- 401k to save for your retirement.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off to give you the flexibility to make relaxation, family, and community priorities.
- Maternal and Parental leave for you to spend that precious time with your newest family member.
- Generous stock options, so you can be a meaningful owner of the company as it grows.
Quarterly professional development of stipend of $1,000 to inspire continuous professional growth. You can use it for nearly anything that makes you a better version of yourself - from chess lessons to college courses (this one is definitely a crowd-favorite).
Start with gratitude: Stay humble, recognize others, and make the most of everything.
Always be growing: Never stop learning. Be a force of growth for yourself and others.
Leadership is Ownership: See the problem. Do the solution. Own the result.
We have all kinds of people, including musicians, chefs, painters, gear heads, gardeners, philosophers, gamers, movie buffs, woodworkers, and polo players. And at least one aspiring hockey player... we'll see.
Baltonians say things like:
- "Coming together as a team to build something innovative and unique."
- "Contagious energy that keeps me motivated all day."
- "I L-O-V-E it at Balto since day one! They know how to have fun while getting the work done."
Is Balto named after that Cartoon Dog?
Well, kind of - that cartoon dog was actually named after a real dog. Balto successfully guided his pack through a harrowing journey across Nome, Alaska, in 1925 to deliver medicine to the ice-locked town. We liked the metaphor: our technology guides people to be successful throughout their conversations, scouting ahead and providing helpful support. Just like in 1925, a human is still in charge, but humans (and dogs) are always better off with a companion.
Fun Fact: After his journey, Balto was recognized as a hero with a commemorative statue in Central Park. We've visited, and he looked like this.
Balto is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual preference, age, and veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building the Best SaaS Marketing Team feat. Refine Labs