Content Marketing Manager
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Got a passion for creating must-click content? A knack for writing? Pushing the B2B industry’s boundaries with just the right amount of wit and sass? Us, too. SXM Media is on the lookout for the rare marketing “unicorn”, aka a Content Marketing Manager to help take on our content and digital marketing efforts. You’ll be playing a key role on a small-yet-mighty team within the revenue organization, driving interest and education in advertising across our network: SiriusXM, Pandora, Stitcher, and partners.
As part of the SXM Media content team, you have the opportunity to drive real business impact, own strategy, and lead projects from start to finish across our website, blog, podcasts, social, and more. You are part writer, part strategist, part project manager, and most importantly, you get $hit done.
Join our team and help us deliver out-of-the-box content experiences that will solidify our position as the leaders in audio advertising.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and create content strategy with goals to drive brand awareness, leads, web traffic and business growth for SXM Media
- Generate story ideas that position SXM Media as a thought leader in the audio advertising world. Ideate, create and write content that clearly articulates SXM Media messaging, while promoting the brand itself
- Develop a publishing cadence and manage an integrated editorial calendar, incorporating themes, messages and channels that ladder up to SXM Media brand principles.
- Work cross-functionally with SXM Media’s sales, marketing, PR, design, research, audio and consumer marketing teams to generate, write and distribute blogs, podcasts, graphics for social feeds, infographics, white papers, research reports and data journalism and articles, case studies and client success stories, social copy, emails and more.
- Build reports on campaign performance and ROI using Google Analytics, Adwords tracking and Marketing Automation/CRM tools (Marketo).
- Identify key sources internally and externally that will lend authority to our thought leadership content and social strategy.
- Edit and proofread the work of other writers and marketers both internally and externally.
- Use both strong written and analytical skills to create compelling content and analyze how best to structure & optimize our digital presence to aggressively drive leads and engagement with our content.
- Ensure that all content is optimized for search engines.
Requirements and General Skills:
- You are an excellent writer with a deep and diverse portfolio of work to prove it
- 4+ years of experience in brand content, journalism, marketing or communications
- Experience collaborating with writers, visual designers, and subject matter experts
- Demonstrates disruptive/innovative thinking and will take on a different approach to content marketing
- Experience with sourcing, scripting, and producing podcasts a plus
- SEO experience a plus
- Should be highly analytical with experience optimizing social media and/or digital marketing campaigns, and translating data into digestible and actionable insights.
- You devour the latest news in the tech and marketing world, staying current with the latest trends
- Have the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines while paying impeccable attention to detail
- Love both high-level strategy and hands-on writing and editing for web and mobile experiences
- Understand design thinking and are passionate about user experience
- Passionate about music and the power of audio
- Audio Advertising industry experience is a plus
- Marketing automation (Marketo) and Google Analytics experience a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.