Senior Product Marketing Manager (Lead)
About the Role
The PetDesk Demand Gen team is thrilled to bring on a seasoned and experienced Sr. Product Marketing Manager. Reporting directly to the Head of Demand Gen, this key role will serve as the connective tissue between our product, sales, demand gen teams, and our customers (and future customers).
In this role, you will inform the go-to-market strategy for our entire suite of B2B SaaS products and be involved at the earliest stages as we build commercial strategies for B2C products. Our core need is a tenured product launch/GTM expert with a proven history of success with B2B SaaS launches.
In addition to fully overseeing and managing new launches, you’ll lead initiatives such as buyer persona expansion, target audience segmentation, forward-looking GTM strategy & influence the roadmap with product. We also expect you to lead the development of all product positioning and messaging while running consistent qualitative and quantitative research/insights from customers and non-customers alike.
What You’ll Do
- Become a true champion of our customers and deeply embed yourself into the minds and hearts of our ICP segments. Yes, this will include clinic visits and playing with pets.
- Develop best-in-class launch processes and author a playbook for bringing new products to market with your cross-functional partners. Own the entire execution of launch across external activations and internal process/system changes.
- Be the go-to expert on our competitors’ products, go to market strategy, and understand what undecided companies in our space think about “all this software stuff”.
- Catch up to the product team’s development cycle and ensure we have clear GTM strategies for the major arms of our product.
- Work closely with the commercial teams on how to create a product marketing and messaging hierarchy to make them even easier to understand and discuss.
- Create feedback loops with the cross-functional partners to develop and iterate sales enablement materials to drive commercial success.
- Map out the content and asset needs for new products while prioritizing the gaps on existing products that are currently underserved. You will do this with the support of our Demand Gen and Content teams to help you produce, at scale.
- Leverage our tools like Gong, SalesForce, Google Analytics, etc to understand the Win/Loss journey of our ICP segments and prioritized subsegments
In the first 3 months you will:
- Support the commercial teams in building GTM plans against our 2 core ICP subsegments ensuring sales and demand gen are outfitted with everything needed to win lots of deals.
- Embed yourself into the product development teams’ plans and map out a cohesive GTM strategy through the end of Q1 2022.
- Develop a launch plan for new products launching in early Q1 2022.
- Develop and implement new reporting structures designed to deliver insights to the Demand Gen and Sales team with a focus on improving the sales funnel/journey..
In the first 6 months you will:
- Map out a GTM strategy through the end of 2022 along with the evolution of our product hierarchy and messaging that goes with it.
- Explore and recommend “relaunching” previous products (if any qualify).
- Develop updated pricing and packaging recommendations.
- Co-own the utility of our sales deck with our Sales team.
- Boost our win rate by 15% in our ICP subsegments and by 5% total lift across the company and all channels.
Benefits & Perks
PetDesk is a Remote First organization, ensuring our culture, infrastructure, and ecosystem supports team members' participation in critical decisions and information sharing, regardless of location. Benefits and perks include:
- Stock Options
- 100% Medical coverage for employees and dependents (most plans)
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Dental & Vision coverage available
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Time Off & 15 Paid Annual Holidays
- 2% Non Elective 401k Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pawternity Leave, Financial Pet Adoption Support & Subsidized Pet Insurance
- $250 Annual PetDesk Scholarship Stipend for L&D
- Veterinary Medicine Diversity & Inclusion Certificate Program
We also have our dog-friendly, Banker’s Hill/Downtown San Diego location with a gorgeous view of the San Diego Bay available for all vaccinated employees!
Founded in 2013, PetDesk, an industry leader in Veterinary client communication software, has helped over 2,800 veterinary practices streamline business with simple software solutions that help pet parents stay current and pet care providers stay connected. Over 3M pet parents use the trusted PetDesk App to talk to their clinic, and with 5-star ratings across multiple review sites, our belief in robust, customer success plans, keep our customers focused on delivering animal healthcare.
We value curiosity, vulnerability, joy, and fulfillment - which drive us in our mission to engage pet parents in their pet's health through a deeper relationship with their pet care providers - ultimately delivering on our vision to extend and improve the lives of pets, pet care providers, and the people working here at PetDesk. PetDesk has 90+ employees and proudly supports a gender-balanced workforce. PetDesk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Your application has been successfully submitted.