Director of Digital Marketing
Director of Digital Marketing
Reports To: VP of Marketing
Employment Type: Full Time, FSLA Status: Exempt, EEO Category: Mid-Level Officials/Managers
The Impact you Will Have:
Crucial Learning is seeking a savvy Director of Digital Marketing who serves as a senior member of our B2B marketing team. In this role, you’ll own the strategic direction and execution of all digital marketing efforts with the objective of creating engaging content experiences to generate qualified leads and drive sales pipeline.
This position requires a strong understanding of all aspects of digital marketing, including marketing automation, SEO, paid digital advertising, and web performance. The ideal candidate will have vast experience developing and leading multi-channel digital marketing campaigns, as well as the experience and ability to effectively lead a digital marketing team. This is a player/coach position and requires a high degree of technical skill as well as leadership abilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Work collaboratively with the marketing and sales teams to generate digital marketing campaigns with the goal to increase response rates, generate marketing qualified leads, and drive measurable pipeline.
- Play a key role as a member of the marketing leadership team to execute and innovate on overall marketing strategy.
- Own the marketing database and design interactions to deepen our relationship with both prospects and customers through a broad range of marketing activities.
- Manage audience segmentation, including number of touches, engagement, unsubscribes, and audience size.
- Understand and implement all facets of lead nurturing and marketing automation, including list segmentation, emails, campaign automation, landing pages, and reporting.
- Craft lead nurturing programs for trigger-based and drip communications that advance prospects through the buying cycle.
- Work with web site developers to ensure digital marketing campaigns are fully optimized and that all required lead acquisition components, lead routing, and processes are working effectively.
- Report on the business impact of all digital marketing efforts and monitor database and IP address health.
- Oversee API integrations of other marketing tech into the automation platform (Marketo) as needed.
- Optimize lead flow between the marketing automation platform (Marketo) and the sales CRM (Salesforce.com), making sure the two systems are communicating effectively to get the desired outcomes.
- Manage the digital marketing team workload, requesting resources and suggesting improvements as needed
What You’ll Need:
- Director: 7-8 years of experience in a related digital marketing or demand generation role, preferably B2B.
- High proficiency in Marketo to manage email marketing, form creation and optimization, campaigns, lead scoring, lead routing, smart campaigns, landing page design, custom objects, nurture campaigns, and advanced analytics.
- A proven track record developing successful B2B campaigns, leveraging a vast array of marketing tactics including social media marketing, paid search, email marketing, display advertising, and marketing automation.
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com to manage campaigns, lead routing, lead and contact database sync.
- Ability to strategically plan and execute digital marketing campaigns from start to finish.
- Strong ability to write effective marketing copy with the customer in mind.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage simultaneous campaigns while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborative, upbeat work ethic where you can take ownership and have fun.
- Strong relationship management skills; specifically working alongside a B2B sales team as a trusted marketing partner.
- Solid communication skills with the ability to create engaging and clear campaign briefs and presentations that effectively articulate the vision of the project and create trust across the organization.
- Understanding of how the digital marketing function fits into the larger marketing/sales ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing or related field.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
What You’ll Get:
- Access to some of the richest professional development programs.
- A variety of benefits. Programs include health benefits, life insurance, income protection and retirement savings plan with employer contributions to assist with your health & financial security today and in the years ahead.
- Access to health benefits and wellness programs for employees and families.
- The ability to work in a flexible work environment.
- Professional development support as we want YOU to be successful in your career. Our team will work with you to establish the goals you are trying to achieve in your profession.
The first step is to apply to the role. If your experience matches our needs, you will be reached out to by a member of the HR team to set up a call to learn more about you. From there, you can expect to meet with the hiring manager and some other members of the team. We like to connect over the phone, via Zoom and sometimes, in person (when applicable)!
Crucial Learning provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Crucial Learning complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Crucial Learning expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Crucial Learning’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Crucial Learning, please contact our Recruitment department at email@example.com.
ADA (American with Disabilities Act) Information
- Work is performed primarily in an office setting
- Operates standard office equipment to include a computer, calculator, copier, fax, telephone
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Power to Improve