Director, Demand Generation
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Demand team is tasked to drive growth in local advertising revenue by collaborating with TKWW’s sales and marketing functions to engage our target audience of wedding professionals in a variety of categories (venues, florists, planners, etc) nationwide.
Reporting into the VP of Marketing, our Director of Demand Generation will leverage data in decision making to align Marketing and Sales teams, track Marketing’s contribution to revenue, and ultimately drive growth for TKWW’s local marketplace, the #1 wedding brand.
- Establish a strategic, cross-channel playbook for demand generation marketing that spans marketing and sales funnels, and combines input from multiple disciplines including Sales, Operations, B2B Marketing, Paid channels/SEO, and Content.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (Sales, Product Marketing, and Revenue Operations) to ideate, launch and optimize buyer-specific omni-channel programs and tactics spanning the entire sales cycle, ensuring alignment with overall product and sales goals
- Lead A/B testing strategy to optimize learnings for email, landing pages, content and digital ads
- Leverage cross-channel insights to refine MQL strategy (a cross-functional initiative to generate higher quality, qualified leads)
- Collaborate with Marketing Ops on campaign set-up, tracking and reporting, and Revenue Ops to optimize lead hand-off processes and Sales follow-ups based on established SLAs
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing leaders to ensure quality demand delivery is tied to Sales goals, optimize Sales feedback loops and course-correct as campaign execution unfolds
- Define Key Performance Indicators, budget, and success metrics as part of campaign planning, analyze and report on pipeline impact, overall market reach and buyer responsiveness to key offerings
- Monitor external trends and recommend new strategies to expand efficiency and revenue
- Advise non-US marketing leads on how to implement an impactful B2B demand generation strategy (India, Latam, Europe)
SUCCESSFUL DIRECTOR OF DEMAND GENERATION CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Proven demand experience - You bring 6+ years of success in driving high volume and high velocity demand in SMB, ideally within the wedding industry
- Analytical excellence - You are data-obsessed and love to constantly experiment and optimize performance across channels to drive efficiency and revenue. This enables you to effectively attribute Marketing’s contribution to revenue, providing superior visibility beyond the marketing and sales funnel
- Multi-channel expertise - You have experience driving consistent and integrated messaging across multiple channels including email, paid and organic search and social, display ads/retargeting, 3rd party media, co-marketing, webinar/ events and more, and use practices such as conversion optimization and A/B testing to maximize impact
- Cross-functional collaboration - You possess strong communication and influence management skills as well as a track record of leveraging data in decision making to align your partners across the Marketing, Operations and Sales and Service teams. With a bias towards action, and a “no-silos” policy, you’re able to align groups on a clear strategic direction even without ownership over all the components. You bring an objective approach to the table, including the willingness to let the data change the direction
- Empathy - As a marketer, you are passionate about understanding the psychology behind our buyers’ emotions and decision making process in order to provide content that solves their specific challenges. Additionally, as someone with insight into both ends of the marketing and sales funnel, you’re able to walk in the shoes of a rep, provide insights and recommend improvements to make our demand generation strategy even better
- Problem-solving - As an operator, you are able to diagnose issues in the sales process and prescribe data-driven solutions for improvement. By fully understanding your resources, you will develop an awareness of the limitations of each one. When building new campaigns, you know from the beginning whether the organization has the capabilities to deliver on the new idea
- Familiarity with core technology- You know when to leverage smart technology at the right time to help drive efficiency and effectiveness of campaign execution e.g. CRM, marketing automation (ideally, Pardot, HubSpot or Marketo), Google Analytics, and other optimization tools while maintaining the integrity of authentic engagement with your buyers
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
What we do matters.