Content Marketing Manager - Education & Enablement
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Zapier is looking for a strategic, data-driven, and collaborative content marketer to join our growing Content and Communications Team as a team lead. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation.
The Zapier Blog receives 2 million pageviews each month from more than 1.5 million unique visitors. This role will be responsible for developing and optimizing our mid- and bottom-funnel content programs so that we can more effectively capture, nurture, and convert that traffic. There is no sales team at Zapier, which means content is essential to growing revenue through self-service channels, and this role will be instrumental in taking Zapier’s growth to the next level.
The Manager, Content Marketing - Education & Enablement is a new role within Zapier’s Content team. We’re looking for an experienced content marketing strategist and team manager to help people succeed with Zapier, transforming them into Automation Heroes at their company. You’ll lead a team of writers and editors to publish inspiring, cross-channel educational content that helps our base of nearly 500,000 users get the most out of automation.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
- You have 7+ years of content experience, ideally in the technology industry. You know what high-quality content looks like, and have worked with internal and external writers and creators. You’ve owned the content creation process, have a point of view on content direction, and are comfortable collaborating with stakeholders for content assets such as blog articles, ebooks, reports, tutorials, infographics, and more.
- You have 3+ years of experience leading a team of content editors and writers. You have a track record of recruiting, hiring, and developing high-performance content teams. You can set, manage, and meet deadlines and establish priorities within your team and with collaborating teams.
- You’re a proven content marketer. The ideal candidate has significant experience leading content marketing, customer marketing, and conversion-focused enablement strategies, including managing a content calendar and driving content experiments.
- You love helping users succeed. You have a deep familiarity with how to educate and enable users in the technology space. Familiarity with and passion for SMBs will be helpful in ensuring that we’re providing the best education and inspiration for our audience.
- You rely on data to drive decisions and measure impact. You understand how content fits into the customer journey, and use customer insights to inform your decisions. You use data to analyze and report on the effectiveness of mid-funnel, bottom-of-funnel, and customer-focused content. This person will focus on activation and expansion, with an emphasis on content performance analysis, research and optimizations to maximize the success of our content and conversions.
Things You’ll Do
- Manage and develop a team of editors and writers to create content that helps users adopt and expand their usage of Zapier through educational role-focused content (including written, interactive, video, etc.)
- Lead processes for content marketing production, including project management and assignments, brainstorming creative campaign tactics and encouraging a continuous stream of creation, testing and learning.
- Partner with marketing, community, partner, and product teams to grow adoption and engagement among our users
- Guide and edit marketing content across a variety of formats, including email campaigns, landing pages, ebooks, webinar decks, one-sheets, and video scripts to help improve conversions including signups, activations, and upgrades.
- Drive and execute the mid-funnel and user education programs based on the educational and aspirational needs of current and future users
- Measure and track content performance and develop regular practices for sharing performance insights and best practices with the Content Team and partners
- Build a strong bench of freelancers to support our ambitious content marketing plans
- Leverage our data analytics team and other user feedback to make insights-driven decisions about current and future approaches that will best serve to address our customer pain points.
The Whole Package
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! Zapier offers:
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit-sharing program for 100% of Zapiens
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, and United States.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional. After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us. Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base. Zapier is is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.