Digital Marketing Director
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About Mentor Collective
Mentor Collective is the industry-leading provider of mentoring programs and voted in the Top Ten Best Small Companies to Work For in Boston for two years running!
As the leading provider of impact-driven mentoring programs, we partner with 100+ higher education institutions to provide all students with a relevant, trained peer, professional, or alumni mentor. Our partner institutions have seen an average reduction in melt rates of -13.79% and an average effect on retention of +3.84%, with a total of more than 125,000 mentorships created since our inception in 2015.
Are you motivated by helping fast-growing startups build traction in new business verticals? Are you a passionate creator and problem solver? We’re looking for someone to build a new line of business from the ground up; someone who is team-oriented and proactively seeks feedback; an organizational standout; data and results-oriented; and someone who is comfortable working in a growing, changing environment. Learn more about our culture here (https://www.mentorcollective.org/join-mc).
About the Role
Mentor Collective is looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Director who is passionate about digital and social marketing. This Digital Marketing Director will develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels. He/she will play a major role in enhancing brand awareness within the digital space as well as driving website traffic and acquiring leads. He/she will work closely with the marketing, product and sales teams to help meet our demand generation goals.
In this role, this person will leverage Mentor Collective platforms such as our website, marketing automation and CRM platforms as well as other 3rd party tools to plan and execute an effective digital strategy.
What you do daily:
- Plan, launch and optimize digital marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media, display advertising and retargeting
- Responsible for optimizing website content and the user experience by adding new pages, technologies and content and to convert visitors along their buyer’s journey
- Monitor and evaluate online media campaigns for effectiveness
- Collaborate with internal colleagues to create landing pages for events and product offerings
- Maintain our social media presence across all digital channels in both B2B and B2B2C
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Proactively identify gaps and opportunities with our digital marketing
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies to drive sales pipeline
- Identify relevant digital agencies to support our G2M digital strategy and work with them and other vendor partners
- Stay current with new online marketing tools and use those as part of your overall digital marketing strategy
- Measure and report on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns
- Identify trends and insights. Use this information to optimize leads and the lead lifecycle as well as spend and performance
- 5+ years experience in B2B tech marketing with functional experience in digital marketing and social media marketing
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Hands-on experience in the use of social media as a marketing tool
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics)
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools (e.g., DART, Atlas)
- Experience with search engine optimization and lead generation
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Able to work with colleagues across different teams and regions
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking to inform program design and enhancements
- Up-to-date with the latest tools and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Service mentality
- Excellent communication, collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Strong writing skills for digital mediums a must
- Experience managing a digital marketing budget
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Working in a start-up environment for a fast growing company
- Experience working with higher education
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter with subject line 'Digital Marketing Director” to Lora Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Remote first company
- Company-wide winter break PTO (paid time off)
- 401k benefits
- Continued professional budget to be spent at your discretion
- Stipend for WFH office set up
- Unlimited PTO with a minimum requirement for employees
- Flexible work schedule, ability to work remote while traveling, ability to set work from home days/schedule
- Bi-annual 360 feedback sessions
You are welcome at Mentor Collective!
We mean it when we say everyone deserves a fair shot at success. Mentor Collective welcomes any and all people, embracing their age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation and expression, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, nationality, culture, religion and perspective. We want to create an inclusive and equitable work environment that reflects the very students and universities we serve.
Your application has been successfully submitted.