Senior Marketing Manager or Director (Team Lead)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Wisetack, we’re building financially-responsible consumer lending products that help service-based businesses thrive.
Founded in 2018 by a team of experienced fintech veterans whose prior experience includes PayPal, LinkedIn, Lending Club, Affirm, Amazon, and other leading companies, Wisetack is a well-funded early stage startup with strong early customer traction. We’re backed by leading VCs, including Insight Partners, Greylock, and Bain Capital Ventures, investors in Airbnb, LinkedIn, Instagram, Dropbox, and many more.
We recently raised a $45M Series B and we're poised for growth! This is a fun stage in any company's lifecycle where we've got the core foundation built and a clear path to success, but you'd still be joining early enough to help shape the future of the company.
Business Insider recently named us one of the 70 most promising startups changing the world of finance and Finovate named us as a finalist in their Best Embedded Finance Solution category. The external recognition is great, but we're equally -- if not more -- happy with the recognition from our customers. Our current NPS rating is a sky-high 78. We're proud that we're building a product that customers love.
We’re looking for someone to join our team to focus on engaging and enabling customers to be successful using Wisetack.
There are two main audiences we’re serving: our merchants, who are predominantly small-medium offline businesses concentrated in the trades; and, our channel partners at SaaS companies, which includes teams in marketing, account management, and product management.
While we pride ourselves on building intuitive, easy-to-use solutions, there is a lot of opportunity to create campaigns and resources that will help our different customer audiences get more value out of our products, and help them achieve the business goals they’re pursuing with Wisetack. In general, the key themes are around growing revenue and improving customer experiences.
This is expected to be a dynamic, fast-paced, generalist marketing role to start.
- Developing overall marketing plans and setting the direction for the team.
- Ownership of overall messaging and positioning; ensuring our voice, tone and values are consistent across external interactions.
- Leading campaigns that tie back to core company goals around customer acquisition, activation, and engagement.
- Partnering with product, partnerships, and operations teams to develop a deep understanding of who our customers are, what they need, and how Wisetack can play a bigger role in helping them hit their business goals.
- Starting to grow the function - though the role will be a "player-coach" role to start, this person will be expected to recruit specialists in areas like email/lifecycle marketing, product marketing, content, etc.
- The right candidate will be intellectually curious, hardworking, self-starting, customer-oriented, and will always prioritize integrity over short term results.
- 5-7+ years of experience, at least 3 of which are in marketing (level will be calibrated to the candidate).
- Product marketing or partner marketing is a plus. However, we would also be excited about candidates with deeper experience in areas like email, content, sales enablement, or customer marketing, who are looking to grow in other areas of marketing.
- Experience managing people is a plus but not a requirement.
- If you meet some of the criteria but not all, we encourage you to apply. As a startup, we have some flexibility and will shape the role to the right candidate. Role title and responsibilities will be calibrated to experience.
Spend a little time on our About Us page researching our team and our values, and check out our Press page and our blog for more background on what we do. If you think this might be a fit, we'd love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) for in-person services