Director, Paid Acquisition
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Articulate is looking for an experienced director of paid acquisition to drive end-to-end strategy and continual performance optimization of all paid advertising channels. The Director, Paid Acquisition is responsible for managing a team of marketers developing and executing campaigns across search, social, display, OOH, programmatic, and beyond. You will lead paid media efforts across each stage of the funnel to generate intent and drive demand for Articulate’s creator platforms for online workplace training.
The ideal candidate will have experience creating paid acquisition strategies, designing measurement frameworks, fostering and growing a team, and maintaining a culture of continual improvement. The Director, Paid Acquisition will contribute to the success of the demand generation marketing team and report to the Senior Director of Demand Generation.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of growth marketers to drive awareness and pipeline contribution while mentoring and communicating the business impact of their efforts
- Help individual contributors identify career plans and development opportunities; coach them in areas of development and make necessary connections
- Oversee the planning, execution, and measurement of digital marketing campaigns, including search, social, display, programmatic, podcast, digital audio, and other influential channels
- Foster relationships with out-of-home advertising partners, manage media buying and planning processes, and negotiate OOH advertising contracts in partnership with the senior director of demand generation
- Define key metrics that will help us understand how our paid acquisition is performing across channels
- Build a measurement framework that enables continual campaign optimization and quickly surfaces key insights with limited manual intervention
- Design a strategy and process for experimentation and A/B tests that surfaces ‘what works’ and incorporates outcomes back into ongoing campaigns and initiatives
- Utilize data and reporting visualizations to help team members and stakeholders understand the effectiveness of paid acquisition efforts
- Manage continual refinement and allocation of advertising budget
- Present paid acquisition effectiveness to marketing leadership and regularly recommend ways to optimize performance
- Work in close collaboration and cross-functionally with teams including Marketing Automation, Web MarkOps, Campaigns, Analytics, Creative, Content, and Product to tell a cohesive story across all our channels
What you should have:
- 7-10 years of hands-on experience in digital marketing and paid acquisition, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Familiarity with core digital marketing tools and analytics platforms, such as Google Adwords, Adroll (or similar), SEMrush (or similar), etc.
- Experience managing individual contributors
- Ability to clearly communicate strategy and tactical plans across multiple demand generation functions
- Ability to derive insights from marketing data and format into an executable plan
- Ability and desire to learn quickly and troubleshoot problems
- Attention to detail and flawless execution
- Thoughtful, trustworthy doer
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002 and led by CEO Lucy Suros, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius. And Rise—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 106,000 customers in 161 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2020 and a leader in building a human-centered organization, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here.
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.