Senior Strategist, Marketing Solutions
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.
We are seeking a captivating storyteller and strategic thinker who can dive into and unlock the opportunities of our clients’ brands and businesses. You will be expected to develop exciting concepts and participate in the pitch process to present and showcase custom advertising ideas and work with media sales teams and their clients, both agencies and direct advertisers. You will be organized, articulate, possess a strategic and creative mindset, demonstrate knowledge of online media business and campaign development, and easily identify client goals, expectations and mindset. In addition to having experience with client-facing work, and knowing how to balance the pressures of client demands against internal requirements, to provide superior, consistent customer service and problem solving.
What You’ll Do:
- Work strategically with Media Sales Account Executives/Account Managers to build comprehensive digital marketing campaigns designed to drive solutions for client and win business
- Participate in and lead the creative ideation and content development process. Your ability to find “the hook”, craft the story and bring it to life both visually and verbally to clients is the true catalyst to a campaign’s success.
- Create custom proposals and sponsorship packages in response to advertisers’ briefs
- Focus on client relationships to provide recommendations, insight, and research to ensure client objectives are met
- Collaborate with internal teams (Research, Design, Planning, Brand) to build cohesive proposals
- Build and deliver compelling presentations that bring the original idea and content executions to life for both our sales teams and their clients (agency/advertiser)
What You’ll Bring To The Table:
- Cross-Functional Knowledge: Deep understanding of Tripadvisor & general advertising products across all platforms (desktop, mobile, tablet) as well as its owned brand
- Creative thought leadership: Proven talent for creating and executing digitally driven, branded content solutions across multiple platforms
- Desire for innovation: Our clients want and have some access to truly never-been-done-before opportunities. Determine the ‘right’ ones and bring them to life in impactful ways.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Take calculated risks to test and learn with new media partners, platforms and programs
- Finger on the pulse of pop culture: Staying updated on consumer trends driving relevant and “buzz-worthy, of the moment” brand experience opportunities
- Comprehensive knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Knowledge of Research Metrics: Experience in translating and shaping data into compelling stories aligning with a brand’s advertising goals.
- Natural Ability to Multi-Task: Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Must possess a BS/BA degree
- 8+ years of relevant experience at an agency, media/publishing company or integrated marketing sales organization, where the individual participated in cross-platform content ideation & presentation development for clients
- Extensive knowledge of online media, marketing and advertising required
- Must possess strong leadership, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Strong organizational, project management, writing, storytelling and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadline
- Good business judgment, as well as emotional and professional maturity required.
- Excellent deck design skills with proficiency in Google Slides
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Ability to both work independently but contribute in a collaborative environment across internal teams in US, UK and Singapore
Your application has been successfully submitted.
There's good out there