This job is no longer accepting applications.
PhoneBurner is a fast-growing SaaS company serving sales and outreach organizations.
We've been in business for over 15 years and run a fun, growing, and profitable company. We’re a 100% remote company, but maintain a tight-knit, entrepreneurial team that’s committed to maintaining our community-minded business feel as we grow.
Today, PhoneBurner powers over 11 million monthly conversations for our clients, and we’re trusted by organizations like RE/MAX, AMN Healthcare, Allstate, and Physicians Mutual.
Who we’re looking for…
We are seeking a Content Marketer to join our marketing team.
You are a writer-editor-marketer who lives and breathes content.
You will own our content marketing efforts, create content that drives new leads and increases our brand awareness in the marketplace, and collaborate with our marketing team and agencies to make this happen.
You are an expert wordsmith who can write content for multiple mediums (e.g., blog posts, social media, case studies, video scripts) that drive business results.
You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get to work and you’re comfortable owning and managing your work.
If you love content and marketing, have experience growing a website’s organic reach, enjoy working with people, and are searching for a new challenge, then come join our team.
In this role, you will…
- Develop and implement PhoneBurner’s content marketing initiatives
- Create high-quality content—in particular, blog posts—that are data-driven and research backed—no fluff around here
- Partner with the director of marketing to ensure our content marketing efforts are aligned with the company’s goals
- Collaborate with an SEO agency and the marketing team to set organic search goals and ensure our site is technically sound from an SEO perspective
- Work with a social media agency and freelancers to implement your content marketing strategy and ensure we are sharing a clear, consistent, and compelling message
- Implement a contact list building strategy
- Work toward scaling our content marketing efforts into new mediums
- Manage your own work and collaborate remotely
Practically speaking, on any given week, you may…
- Write 1–2 blog posts for our site targeting specific keywords
- Think about new ways to grow our organic search traffic
- Interview PhoneBurner team members or customers for a new blog post
- Partner with an agency to monitor SEO performance to ensure we’re progressing
- Collaborate with our team on writing email copy for email marketing automations
- Write a newsletter promoting the latest content you created
- Work on assets for webinars or the sales team
- Work with a social media agency reviewing content or creating an editorial calendar
- 4–7 years or more experience owning content marketing strategy
- Proven experience delivering content marketing results and growing organic reach
- Excellent command of written English for the purpose of writing, editing, and proofreading content
- Experience with SEO tools like Ahrefs, Google Analytics, and Search Console
- Experience working with or managing contractors and/or agencies
- Self-motivated and thrive with limited oversight
- Passionate about your work and take pride in what you create
- A team player and want to see your teammates and PhoneBurner succeed
- Interested in marketing, staying on top of content marketing trends, and creating content people love
You get bonus points for…
- Experience working in SaaS and/or B2B
- Background in journalism
- Background in sales
- Knowing acronyms, like, SDR, AE, BDR, CAC, CLV, MRR, and ARPU
Why work with PhoneBurner?
- Competitive salary
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401K through Guideline (after 90 days)
- 100% remote work (U.S. based)
- Career growth opportunities
- Education reimbursement
- Influence today’s sales workforce
What can you expect?
Even though most candidates will not complete the entire interview process, here’s what you can expect from beginning to end:
Submit your application
To apply, send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two video interviews
If we like what we see in your application, you'll move forward with the interview process.
During these two interviews, you’ll meet a variety of team members from PhoneBurner. These interviews are more about learning about you and hearing your story.
If we want you to join our team, we'll send you an offer letter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.