Product Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Product Marketing Manager to Alva Labs
There once was a company that decided to recruit only based on the potential within the individual, not based on fancy titles or employment at dope organizations. They screened individuals without even reading CVs. One candidate that stood out among the crowd was called to an interview. The candidate was extremely nervous. It turned out he had applied for jobs for years and never made it to the interview stage. Why? Because he was 50+ years old and with a foreign background. Anyways, he nailed the interview and got the job. He is now one of their most valued employees.
Alva helps companies like the one in the story do just this. Hire based on potential, not based on background, age, gender or looks. Do you want to join our quest to create a more fair and efficient job market?
Alva Labs offers a SaaS solution that is helping global companies grow their team in a scientific way. Alva has created a unique candidate assessment platform that helps companies build their organizations with the right people in the right place. By combining state-of-the-art psychometrics, data science, and an obsession with candidate experience, Alva provides the needed tool for data-driven talent acquisition.
We are growing 2-3x per year and are in the exciting phase to launch Alva in new markets and changing from a more traditional sales-led approach to a more product-led motion.
As the first Product Marketing Manager at Alva, you will help put the spotlight on our product in our marketing efforts. Focusing on positioning, differentiation and our target audience you will play an instrumental role in growing our revenue. You will work closely with our product squads and product managers to build in-depth knowledge of our platform, users & prospects, and bring that to the surface through sharp campaigns, messaging and sales collateral. When joining Alva, you will be tasked to:
- Develop and iterate on our positioning & messaging for our product.
- Develop deep knowledge of our product and, more importantly, our customers and target audience. You will dive deep into the world of HR, recruitment and psychometric assessments to make sure our marketing efforts are always aligned with our buyers’ needs and concerns.
- Take lead on campaigns and work closely with other contributors in the marketing team to create stellar campaigns, ads and assets.
- Partner with Product to plan & execute product launches. You will work closely with the product managers and squads, and be an important link between marketing, sales and product.
- Work with our sales team to develop and arm them with sales collateral to help them in sales processes, ultimately helping them close more deals in a shorter amount of time.
- Conduct market, competitor and customer research to provide important intelligence to use in crafting messaging and marketing efforts.
So who are you then? You are probably already a skilled product marketer, maybe even with the experience of specifically a B2B SaaS product. We think you have a deep knowledge of product marketing and the best practices and are comfortable taking lead on it and building up that function within the marketing team. You know how to shape value propositions and sharp messaging, and how to conduct market research. We also believe you are
- Strong communicator, both towards internal stakeholders and to craft compelling marketing messages.
- Structured in your approach to work. Used to managing multiple work streams & projects, never missing deadlines or dropping balls.
- Love to dig deep to unpack how and why things work the way they do. Never-ending curiosity is a key ingredient here!
- Proven track record in product marketing, crafting value propositions and positioning (preferably for B2B SaaS products).
- Great at managing stakeholders, working cross-functionally and being a link between different teams within Alva.
Our internal language is English, so no need to speak anything else (but it is always nice to learn swearwords in a new language, so don’t be shy).
Your future colleagues
We are a team of 50 people, representing 16 different nationalities and a wide selection of professional backgrounds. And all of that is absolutely fantastic, but the true beauty is the trust and warmth you will experience. You will most likely never be as supported and have so many brilliant minds to learn from and ask for guidance. To quote our CEO during our last company trip, “It feels like hanging out with a bunch of old friends”.
The marketing team is for now a party of 4ish plus consultants. The -ish comes from the fact that we are in the process of signing the last of the four, and are getting ready to add numbers five and six (that is you, my friend).
If you want to creep out on this (perhaps your future) team, fire away!
Why join Alva?
The problem we are solving is not just engaging and interesting (the combination of psychological science and statistics, with a large chunk of candidate experience obsession, what’s not to love?!), but it is also something that has a tremendous impact on both people and businesses. You will have the opportunity to work with something that truly makes a difference.
With 250+ customers, strong growth, happy users, and 150 000+ assessed candidates, there is a lot of greatness to build from. We are now entering an exciting phase of our company journey, where we are doubling down on new markets and an international expansion. The company and the team have grown a lot in the last couple of months (150% more customers, and 250% more employees during 2021… so far…). And we are just getting started! There will be so many opportunities to grow with us.
Besides, we have flexible work hours, where you can decide for yourself what works best for you. You will get 7 weeks of vacation, an on-market salary, a generous preventive care benefit, and a few other neat perks. You can read all about our benefits here and our company values here.
The hiring process
Given that we claim to be experts in hiring, you probably wonder what we have in store for you.
- Objective screening with Alva’s tests
- First interview (focusing on who you are)
- Second interview with hiring manager
- Case exercise
- Offer and happy dancing!
Come help us change the world of hiring!
Welcome to Alva!
Your application has been successfully submitted.