This job is no longer accepting applications.
Extend is a rapidly growing fintech startup in the B2B payments space with a focus on serving banks and their customers. We have built the first virtual card platform of its kind, directly integrated with processors, networks, and the technology that supports banking across the industry. We offer several virtual card products including an app-as-a-service that banks can offer business customers with their existing credit cards, a suite of virtual card APIs for those looking to build custom payment solutions, and we also offer secure connectivity to key banking and payment services that enable 3rd-parties to integrate and embed payments into their software.
Founded in 2017 by 3 industry experts with experience at Fortune 500 companies, including American Express and Capital One, Extend is headquartered in Manhattan and has recently raised $40m in venture capital from top fintech investors. With extreme monthly growth and 40+ mission-driven employees, now is prime time to join our team!
For more information visit paywithextend.com
About the role
Extend is looking for an aspiring wielder of words to join our team. As a keen junior copywriter, you will be working with our lead writer to support a wide array of content development across marketing, sales, and customer engagement initiatives. You don’t have to be passionate about payments (although it helps), but you should be an enthusiastic learner with a strong command of the English language.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our industry, customers, and products
- Effectively communicate complex ideas clearly and succinctly
- Support copy development across platforms and business needs including digital ads, social content, email engagement, sales collateral, website content, and more
- Collaborate with designers and marketing leads to develop creative concepts and execute assets for campaigns across platforms and channels
What skills we're looking for
- BS/BA degree or relevant education necessary to perform job functions (English, Marketing/Advertising preferred)
- 1-2 years of relevant copywriting experience whether internships or other
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong proof-reading skills
- Creative writing chops and the ability to adapt to a brand voice (must share a portfolio of work samples)
- Detail-oriented team player who can creatively problem solve and effectively manage multiple projects at once
Competitive salary and stock options
- Complete medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Program
- Flexible work schedules, including unlimited PTO
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Convenient NYC location wherever offices end up being after COVID is over, easily accessible by public transit
Extend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.
To all recruitment agencies, Extend does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Extend employees, or any other company location. Extend is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
Extend is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The first virtual card platform for any card issuer