This job is no longer accepting applications.
Extend is a rapidly growing fintech startup in the B2B payments space with a focus on serving banks and their customers. We have built the first virtual card platform of its kind, directly integrated with processors, networks, and the technology that supports banking across the industry. We offer several virtual card products including an app-as-a-service that banks can offer business customers with their existing credit cards, a suite of virtual card APIs for those looking to build custom payment solutions, and we also offer secure connectivity to key banking and payment services that enable 3rd-parties to integrate and embed payments into their software.
Founded in 2017 by 3 industry experts with experience at Fortune 500 companies, including American Express and Capital One, Extend is headquartered in Manhattan and has recently raised $40m in venture capital from top fintech investors. With extreme monthly growth and 40+ mission-driven employees, now is prime time to join our team!
For more information visit paywithextend.com
About the role
Extend is looking for an experienced technical writer to join our ranks. As a technical writer, you will immerse yourself in our products, technology, and industry in order to gain a comprehensive understanding of your subject matter. You will be communicating complex information clearly, concisely and in layman‘s terms for a B2B audience with varying degrees of subject expertise.
- Develop and execute product literature across our apps, APIs, and integration services
- Develop and maintain procedural product documentation for internal and external purposes
- Read and write examples of code and manage API documentation
- Maintain product help center and product FAQs
- Ensure clarity and accuracy of product technical copy while maintaining tone of voice for more conceptual areas of copy or overview texts
- Maintain consistency across platform copy and product documentation
- Support product development with UX/UI copy
What skills we're looking for
- BS/BA degree or relevant education necessary to perform job functions (English, Marketing/Advertising preferred)
- 3-6 years of technical writing experience in the technology/API space
- Ability to communicate complex information and processes in a clear and concise manner—brevity is beautiful
- Strong understanding of UX writing best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong proof-reading skills
- Detail-oriented team player who can creatively problem solve and effectively manage multiple projects at once
Competitive salary and stock options
- Complete medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Program
- Flexible work schedules, including unlimited PTO
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Convenient NYC location wherever offices end up being after COVID is over, easily accessible by public transit
Extend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.
To all recruitment agencies, Extend does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Extend employees, or any other company location. Extend is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
Extend is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The first virtual card platform for any card issuer